Hi I’m dave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m growing for the first time. Not sure about the drying and curing process. I really don’t want to ruin my crop.
Welcome first of all!

There are a ton of methods. There are threads for drying and curing. I use a bowl trimmer then dry in a hanging basket some dry first sone wash. there are a lot of things you can do. I chop when my scope shows at least 20% amber no more than 25% for me. I dont like couch lock. Then I wash my buds. I use 4 5 gal buckets. First bucket has 1/2 a lemon squeezed into it the about 1/2 c baking soda.
Mix well the other 3 buckets are just plain water. 20 seconds in wash and 20 seconds in each rinse. I drain them well. Then I remove all the buds from the stems and remove the large fans. When my bowl trimmer has one layer I trim 20 spins in each direction. Then I place them in my drying wrack. When done I hand them in my dark closet for several days. It can take anywhere from 3-10 days. I live in the desert. So very low humidity. My grow room is also my closet. I hang the buds to dry on the dark end. Slow drying is best. It is easy to over dry. I take them out when they feel dryish without feeling crunchy. I store mine in grove bags. You need to check on them in the beginning if they start to feel dampish they need to go back in the rack for another day. Weed will mold. It will mold fast with too much moisture. It may be easier to put a Bodeva pack in there to measure the humidity.
You can get them on amazon. Each grow will get better. This is my method. Others dry then trim. Some wash some don’t. You have to decide what you like.
IMG_8574.jpeg
IMG_8554.jpeg
IMG_8558.jpeg
IMG_8558.jpeg
IMG_8553.jpeg

I harvest at about the same as Jan at about 20% amber trichomes.
Cut the big fan leaves off and hang in a cool dry place for about a week.
Trim them up by hand cutting all sugar leaves off and trimming the bud up.
I put them in glass jars and burp them everyday until they start to feel dry but not to dry.
Then the curing process begins. I still check them at least once a week until I know they are not going to mold.
Then I smoke the fk out of the tasty bastards.
😂😂😂

About the same here. I harvest at about 20% amber and first remove all the fan leaves.

I then cut the branches off and hang them on a string strung across my basement or garage until the small twigs snap when bent.

I then cut the buds off the lumber and place them in a sealed fruit jar, which I burp several times a week for the first couple of weeks and as they dry switch to once a week until dry.

The object is to remove the water while retaining the aromatic terpenes and to do it at temperatures and conditions not conductive to mold. Unlike living plant Powery Mildew and Botrytis, decomposing molds like Aspergillus on dead material produces aflatoxins.

The optimum temperature for mold growth is between 20C/68F and 30C/86F and the best humidity is above 60%. Your chance of mold lessens if you stay out of those ranges, especially the humidity.

HOWDY HAPPY GROWING STUDY CLONE PROPAGATION
Dry until your plant feel somewhat krispy then place in jar or bag with a humidity pack first week or two burp bag or jar then after about two weeks of that madness u can leave the bag closed until humidity pack gets hard and needs replacing

All good advice. Your right in being concerned about drying. It's a major step ya don't wanna mess up.

I've done the extra crispy dissolves to dust bud drying method before. It sucked..lol

Latest posts

Back