Frozen indoor plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
Well sometime last night i lost power to my building where my grow boxes are. so this means no heat at all for my plants last night, and it was the coldest night we've had here this fall. it was a hard freeze. when i checked on my babies this morning the soil was frozen solid and the plants look bad so i brought them inside the house where its warm to try to save them.. some look real bad but some just look like the need water. im prayin that they make it. 3 of them are mother plants that are the last i have of the strain so if i lose them i have to order more seeds. i'm tryin to find my camera so i can post pics.. wish me luck

Same thing happened to me last night!Something threw the breakers in the power bars.It was 45 in there this morning.Still not too shabby.My younger Dieselryders are a little curled and marbleized.Not nearly as bad as your situation though.Good luck bro.

i have them in my bathtub right now and the soil isn't frozen anymore so i have high hopes. i should havea camera in a few minutes so i can give everyone a look into my nightmare. i think my larger, older plants are gonna be fine but the small, young plants look alittle worse off. as long as the large plantssurvive i'll be happy.

time4tokin20s said:
Same thing happened to me last night!Something threw the breakers in the power bars.It was 45 in there this morning.Still not too shabby.My younger Dieselryders are a little curled and marbleized.Not nearly as bad as your situation though.Good luck bro.

ya i can't run my heater and all my lights at the same time, so what happened was the timer on the heater kicked on just before my lights kicked off so that flipped the breaker. or thats my best guess anyway.. im just gonna redo a closet in the house for now untill i can get all the bugs worked out of the heat/light situation in the building. but for now there fine in the tub.

sorry to hear that slow...I lost power last night as well..I dont have freezing temps but did decide to leave flower room lights off untill next cycle..may want to try setting those smaller ones on a heat mat at 78 degrees to help stimulate roots..Just my thaughts..

hey slow can you add a sub pannel for you shed? Thats what I did..and lesson learned huh? glad to hear your Breaker worked properly..could have been worse..

goodluck slowmo ,,,,,i found one of my plants that had been left outside for a fewdays ,,,,and she recovered just fine,, although it wasnt freezing it was cold and wet,,,,
greenmojo for thier health :peace:

Good Luck Slowmo!!!

I lost an entire ICE crop a few years ago to a heater failure, finding that 25 degrees for several hours killed em all ;(

Nowadays I have a back-UP heater that comes on when power fails :aok:

ok heres a pic of what they look like now. the picture isn't good but you get the idea of whats going on.. anyone else thing they'll make it?

DSC01564.JPG

DSC01565.JPG

id keep them in doors now if possible,no telling when the frost will be back

oh ya i've been moving supplies in all day try to get my closet set back up. so far it looks like all my indica dominate plants are comin aroundandlookin better but the sativas aren't gonna make it, but i could be wrong. i know for sure i have two 3 that are gonna be fine. i got lucky and the cuttin i took a few weeks ago have started rooting, they're off my best girls so even if the mothers die i still have these cuttings.. i was about to toss them out since its been 3 weeks or so and they hadn't seem to root. after i found my frozen girls i checked my clone and the first 6 have rooted. ok time to smoke i'll post back when i see more changes.. thanks for the support everyone.. think warm thoughts

well today they look alot better. some of the plants will lose a few branches but i think they're all gonna make it.. im gonna give them a few more days then i'll remove the branches that are dead. im just glad i didn'tlose them all.

im glad to hear they are springing back man i was reading the thread and was like.... damnnn.... good thing u got to em when u did ya know....

ya had i let them go another night in the building they wouldn't have made it at all. yesterday i didn't think any of them would make it.. i still have a few im gonna keep a close eye on but i it looks like they're gonna make it. they still look ruff but have started to perk up a lot.

Latest posts

Back