Super tight node spacing…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PPM 800 going in but almost 1700 coming out? My plant looks healthy and I always water to runoff. I usually aim for 15-20% of the containers volume for runoff. I’m watering 3 times a day so it’s not drying back too much. I know you’re not supposed to flush coco with plain water so what should I do? Any suggestions? Should I make a lower ppm solution (3-500 maybe) and run 2 or 3 gallons through?

From what I gather it means she’s drinking more than she’s eating but I can’t figure out why. I’ve been monitoring ppm from runoff all grow and it’s always been several hundred lower than input but since she started flowering it’s been trending up but now it’s getting out of hand and I’m ready to farm this out to someone. My other plant gets the same 800 ppm and runoff is around 190 and that’s how this one used to be. My tips are slightly burned so I know I’m dialed in. So you think it could be the accumulation of salt on the outside of my fabric pot? Maybe every time I water some permeates back into the coco. Idk I’m

Just tossing ideas around. Sorry this is so long winded…kinda panicking since I’m so close to completion and there’s no time to correct errors.

PPM 800 going in but almost 1700 coming out? My plant looks healthy and I always water to runoff. I usually aim for 15-20% of the containers volume for runoff. I’m watering 3 times a day so it’s not drying back too much. I know you’re not supposed to flush coco with plain water so what should I do? Any suggestions? Should I make a lower ppm solution (3-500 maybe) and run 2 or 3 gallons through?

From what I gather it means she’s drinking more than she’s eating but I can’t figure out why. I’ve been monitoring ppm from runoff all grow and it’s always been several hundred lower than input but since she started flowering it’s been trending up but now it’s getting out of hand and I’m ready to farm this out to someone. My other plant gets the same 800 ppm and runoff is around 190 and that’s how this one used to be. My tips are slightly burned so I know I’m dialed in. So you think it could be the accumulation of salt on the outside of my fabric pot? Maybe every time I water some permeates back into the coco. Idk I’m

Just tossing ideas around. Sorry this is so long winded…kinda panicking since I’m so close to completion and there’s no time to correct errors.
I wish I could help but know nothing of hydro. Lots of hydro growers around. Someone will chime in

I'd try a plain water watering. Catch that and meter. If still high she's not eating everything. If low she's eating.
Just my two cents..lol I've not grown in coco in yrs but that's what I'd do. Maybe someone more current on coco will pop in.

2 week update…

WW is coming along nice and will be entertaining week 6 flower in a few days. She has stopped her stretch and is packing on weight. The main cola is starting to lean and I’m probably gonna have to figure out how to support it. Im happy with her and it’s looking to be a decent yield. Smells dank and has a lot of great trichome production.

GSC has been placed outside because I lost patience and it still has yet to flower…🙄 I’ll just let it be and whatever happens happens. I removed the coco and replaced it with potting soil so I don’t have to water multiple times a day and just let nature take it’s course.

GSC in the bk cup has started flower and is about a week in. Lollipopped her and she’s going strong…already started the stretch. It’s in a 32 ounce cup so I don’t expect anything crazy as far as yield. I’d be happy with an ounce or so. It’s crazy how this one was seconds away from being thrown away. Started off real sickly looking and stunted while the one in the fabric pot started off strong. Go figure huh.

Well…see you all in another 2 weeks 😁 Pics below

Attachments

• IMG_9463.jpeg
    IMG_9463.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9375.jpeg
    IMG_9375.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
WW is doing great. It has nice dense buds and some of the trichomes are going from clear to milky and you know what comes next. Pistols are starting to change color now just waiting for the recede and swelling of the calyx. Going into week 7 in a few days so I’d say at least 3 more weeks. Tell you what…once these auto seeds are gone it’s photo period from here on out. By the time this plant finishes it will have taken longer than I could have grown a photo. As far as potency, we’ll see.

Side note…who needs a loupe or microscope…iphone for the win 😎

Attachments

• IMG_9707.jpeg
    IMG_9707.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
WW is doing great. It has nice dense buds and some of the trichomes are going from clear to milky and you know what comes next. Pistols are starting to change color now just waiting for the recede and swelling of the calyx. Going into week 7 in a few days so I’d say at least 3 more weeks. Tell you what…once these auto seeds are gone it’s photo period from here on out. By the time this plant finishes it will have taken longer than I could have grown a photo. As far as potency, we’ll see.
WW is a good strain. I like it for daytime. I get HAF and can still get everything done I need to. It does not make me all giggly or give me the munchies either. It also gives me energy and keeps me thinking about the task at hand. No mind wandering. You get great concentration. It is one of my favorite strains.

WW is a good strain. I like it for daytime. I get HAF and can still get everything done I need to. It does not make me all giggly or give me the munchies either. It also gives me energy and keeps me thinking about the task at hand. No mind wandering. You get great concentration. It is one of my favorite strains.
Yea it’s one of my fav strains. It gives me a energetic euphoric high and allows me to go about my day and remain focused. And to make sure I keep that profile I’m going to only allow about 10% amber…if that. 2 more weeks and if they’re still mostly cloudy I’m harvesting.

Getting there. I see a few amber starting to pop up and the top colas are beginning to exhibit a purple hue and I’m in week 7 now. It’s definitely putting on weight. Looks like it’s starting to foxtail though. Temps are around 80 and humidity around 50 and it’s plenty far from the light. I think I read somewhere that ww is genetically prone to foxtailing. Idk. Not gonna stress it this late in the game. The split pics are 10 days apart and the one on the left is the most recent. I do have one question though…can I harvest the 3 main tallest colas and leave the rest for another week or so? Will chopping them stunt the plant and cause it to stop growing and putting on weight or possible herm?

Can’t believe how big this plant has gotten based on how it started. Looks like I’m gonna get way more off her than I originally anticipated. Colas are nice and dense (may not be the biggest) and are starting to cause the branches to lean and they’re pretty thick 😍 My buddy is jealous because he said he can’t get that type of structure without a trellis net and training lol…😂

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0088.jpeg
    IMG_0088.jpeg
Last edited:
Man ya got some swollen calyxes on that girl. Gonna be easy to clean up. Beautiful!

My C99 got all gnarly headed last run. Only plant out of 11 to do it. So I'm guessing genetics. Running the same plant clone and I'm not seeing what I saw last time...so now I'm confused..lol. It should be foxtailing and it's not..lol

Oh well, it's gonna do what it does.

Getting there. I see a few amber starting to pop up and the top colas are beginning to exhibit a purple hue and I’m in week 7 now. It’s definitely putting on weight. Looks like it’s starting to foxtail though. Temps are around 80 and humidity around 50 and it’s plenty far from the light. I think I read somewhere that ww is genetically prone to foxtailing. Idk. Not gonna stress it this late in the game. The split pics are 10 days apart and the one on the left is the most recent. I do have one question though…can I harvest the 3 main tallest colas and leave the rest for another week or so? Will chopping them stunt the plant and cause it to stop growing and putting on weight or possible herm?

Can’t believe how big this plant has gotten based on how it started. Looks like I’m gonna get way more off her than I originally anticipated. Colas are nice and dense (may not be the biggest) and are starting to cause the branches to lean and their pretty thick 😍 My buddy is jealous because he said he can’t get that type of structure without a trellis net and training lol…😂
My WW always foxtail no natter if inside or out. I do not get hermies or nanners though.

Oh and I also forgot to ask about feeding. Remember I’m in coco and I’m using gh flora trio. Should I start to just give florabloom and no gro or micro or should I just run plain water for a week or so to get her to use all the nutrients in the coco. Also, what about calmag…I’m sorry, I hate sounding like a noob but this is my first ever coco grow.

Quick update. Week 8 is tomorrow and I think she’s about ready to chop. 80-90% of the white hairs have shriveled up and are curling in towards the bud. There’s a few amber trichomes on sugar leaves but none on the bud. I’ve researched and researched and from what I can gather is that white widow is notorious for not turning amber and if you wait you’ll end up with overripe flowers with degraded thc levels. They’re pretty much all cloudy so I think I’ll give it one more week and chop next Wednesday. Today I plan to only give her plain ph’d water until chop. No need in wasting nutes. I did take a few lower buds one of which I never even knew was there as it was hidden by leaves…all white pistils and the other was more ripe but still immature as it was at the base as well. I’m going to see what type of high I prefer for future reference. I also removed most of the fan leaves and just left sugar leaves.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0510.jpeg
    IMG_0510.jpeg
  • IMG_0513.jpeg
    IMG_0513.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0525.jpeg
    IMG_0525.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0565.jpeg
    IMG_0565.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Moved gsc in bk cup under trellis. Can’t believe how big this plant got from the way it started as a runt and deformed and sickly plus it’s in a cup haha. Was 2 seconds away from culling. May just get more from her than I thought. Also in the fabric pot is the next ww coming along nicely…she’s only 3 weeks old…she’ll go into the big tent once I chop her big sister…😁

Attachments

• IMG_7301.jpeg
    IMG_7301.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0441.jpeg
    IMG_0441.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8562.jpeg
    IMG_8562.jpeg
  • IMG_7685.jpeg
    IMG_7685.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7542.jpeg
    IMG_7542.jpeg
  • IMG_7457.jpeg
    IMG_7457.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Finally chopped the white widow…smells dank!!!!! Much more than I thought it would be…and now we play the waiting game…🙄 Took me like 6 hours to trim by myself. Didn’t get a wet weight because I was just trying to get it over with so not sure of the wet weight. Little sister in her place now as big as she was and it’s just now starting to flower. I’m gonna have to do some serious training but didn’t have tjr strength to do it tonight so I’ll tackle that tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0981.jpeg
    IMG_0981.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Finally chopped the white widow…smells dank!!!!! Much more than I thought it would be…and now we play the waiting game…🙄 Took me like 6 hours to trim by myself. Didn’t get a wet weight because I was just trying to get it over with so not sure of the wet weight. Little sister in her place now as big as she was and it’s just now starting to flower. I’m gonna have to do some serious training but didn’t have tjr strength to do it tonight so I’ll tackle that tomorrow.
Mmmm love me some WW

Ok last update for the WW. It was dry enough for my liking so I went ahead and bagged it in a ziploc bag temporarily before it goes in grove bags for the long term cure. I’ll leave it in the ziploc for a week or 2 “burping” everyday and then into grove bags with the boveda packs. I may just split this into 2 bags though so it’ll have better airflow and circulation. Something new I’m trying with the ziploc bags as I ran out of mason jars plus it’s just easier than using 10 jars. Came in at just under 4 oz’s which I’m really really impressed with. This was my first ever auto harvest and wasn’t expecting this much. Anyway, thanks for going on this journey with me!

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1686.jpeg
    IMG_1686.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back