Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I discovered mosquito larva in my nutrient reservoir this morning. I wouldn't have noticed, but there were about 50 mosquitoes flying around when I walked in. I'm going to chop GOG plant this weekend, so the larvae can stay for now. My shop vac took care of the adults flying around pretty quick. Wish it worked that well on thrips.

Oh, the SF harvest came in at 2.5 ounces. The buds just weren't very dense, and they shrunk to half size when I dried them. The SF is still growing outside with most of the buds gone. Going to give it a chance to survive the winter.

I discovered mosquito larva in my nutrient reservoir this morning. I wouldn't have noticed, but there were about 50 mosquitoes flying around when I walked in. I'm going to chop GOG plant this weekend, so the larvae can stay for now. My shop vac took care of the adults flying around pretty quick. Wish it worked that well on thrips.

Oh, the SF harvest came in at 2.5 ounces. The buds just weren't very dense, and they shrunk to half size when I dried them. The SF is still growing outside with most of the buds gone. Going to give it a chance to survive the winter.
While I feel sure it didn’t happen this way I am envisioning you running after individual mosquitos with a shop vac and a really long extension cord at the speed of a butterfly catcher.

Yep

While I feel sure it didn’t happen this way I am envisioning you running after individual mosquitos with a shop vac and a really long extension cord at the speed of a butterfly catcher.

Yep
If the mosquitoes were smart and flew away, I probably would have chased them. Fortunately, they had never seen a shop vac before and came over to check it out.

BTW, it also works with ground bees. Just leave the hose near the entrance and plug it in : )

If the mosquitoes were smart and flew away, I probably would have chased them. Fortunately, they had never seen a shop vac before and came over to check it out.

BTW, it also works with ground bees. Just leave the hose near the entrance and plug it in : )
That is a great Idea.

I wish I had thought of the shop vac when they got inside my concrete porch through a crack in the mortar.

Regardless if the nest is in the ground might I suggest an alternative? Costs $5 and I think it takes 2 D cell batteries. Turn this on and lay it over the hole. It’s a portable zapper that looks like a tennis racket. I also have a bug-assault salt gun for insects on my deck. Like in tombstone I let the bugs know to step aside I ain’t kidding. If it looks like rain cover it with a tarp.

Bug zapper

I wish I had thought of the shop vac when they got inside my concrete porch through a crack in the mortar.

Regardless if the nest is in the ground might I suggest an alternative? Costs $5 and I think it takes 2 D cell batteries. Turn this on and lay it over the hole. It’s a portable zapper that looks like a tennis racket. I also have a bug-assault salt gun for insects on my deck. Like in tombstone I let the bugs know to step aside I ain’t kidding. If it looks like rain cover it with a tarp.

Bug zapper
I have one I love it. You have to hold the button for it to zap. Thats is so you don't accidentally zap someone or kids zapping each other.

Latest posts

Back