Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's strange watching the SF try to recover from my hasty relocating efforts. It has a LOT of amber trichomes now, and all of the original pistils are dark and curled. But there are still quite a few clear trichomes, and now new pistils are growing which I never noticed a plant do before. If the buds were larger or denser I would harvest today, but they are small and loose compared to other SF buds I have grown. I'm still planning on waiting until the GOG inside is ready which is looking to be 2-3 weeks away.

1726244679710.png

1726244689616.png

Came out this morning to find the SF back among the living. She looked hung over, and I spent half an hour clearing all the sick or dead leaves. But overall, it looks like it is growing again. Thanks for telling me to wait @MariJan , I was ready to chop it the day after I moved it.

View attachment 361865

Pretty much all of the pistils are dark and curled now, and there is maybe 10% amber trichomes. The rest of the trichomes, though, are mostly clear. No idea how to judge when it's ready to harvest, so I will just wait until the GOG inside is ready and take them both at the same time.

View attachment 361866
She looks good. It takes a bit fir them to recover at this stage but they do recover

She looks good. It takes a bit fir them to recover at this stage but they do recover
Buds are starting to fill out some now as well. I'm still on the fence about when to harvest. I keep looking for bud rot, but haven't seen any so far. The few caterpillars I've picked off hadn't been there long enough to do any damage. Looking for them is my morning ritual lately. Good thing I only have one outdoor plant : )

It's hard to believe, but here in Ohio I have a photo that's ready to be chopped. Usually outdoors here, it's a matter of leaving plants up as long as you dare. Now, barely 7 weeks into flower, I'm probably going to start taking it down in pieces. Close to 2 weeks faster than any plant I've ever grown. My buddy and sometimes grow partner came over this morning and agrees it's ready.

Buds are starting to fill out some now as well. I'm still on the fence about when to harvest. I keep looking for bud rot, but haven't seen any so far. The few caterpillars I've picked off hadn't been there long enough to do any damage. Looking for them is my morning ritual lately. Good thing I only have one outdoor plant : )
I am getting caterpillars too. I check them early morning and later in the evening just before dark.

It's still hanging in there. And still no bud rot amazingly. I'm going to leave this thing alive after harvest. I'm half convinced it will survive the winter.

1726786234938.png

The GOG is refusing to make amber trichomes. Maybe it knows what comes after... Still two more weeks minimum.

1726786298504.png

And here's the little moon flower sitting square in the center of the fence sections I have to remove for the pool builders. Not sure I can relocate it, but I'm going to try.

1726786383947.png

It's still hanging in there. And still no bud rot amazingly. I'm going to leave this thing alive after harvest. I'm half convinced it will survive the winter.

View attachment 362777

The GOG is refusing to make amber trichomes. Maybe it knows what comes after... Still two more weeks minimum.

View attachment 362778

And here's the little moon flower sitting square in the center of the fence sections I have to remove for the pool builders. Not sure I can relocate it, but I'm going to try.

View attachment 362779
20 degrees will kill it

Latest posts

Back