Clone issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt Berger

Reaction score
Hi. I just got these rooted clones and i transplanted them into Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. Ive done this with seedlings and NEVER had an issue. But these clones are acting funny on... day 6 since transplant. They came in small paper pots and i took them out and put them into these bigger pots with said soil. Heres pics. As you can see there are leaves with issues. They looked fine.. 36 hours ago. Ive grown in this same tent with the same exact setup for years and NEVER had this issue. So please help. :)

These are rooted clones. I have them on 18/6 light cycle.

Heres pics

Attachments

• IMG_5506.JPG
    IMG_5506.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5507.JPG
    IMG_5507.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5505.JPG
    IMG_5505.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Don’t worry Walt, we have some excellent growers on here, I just ain’t one of them, lol, but someone with more knowledge will be along to help you out.
Stay tuned.

Don’t worry Walt, we have some excellent growers on here, I just ain’t one of them, lol, but someone with more knowledge will be along to help you out.
Stay tuned.
Yep someone will chime in I am just learning clones. All I know is they don't like wet roots. I killed my share keeping them moist not wet.

I would let them just ride it out.
If you just put them in FFOF just watch the new growth, the stuff that's damaged is damaged, you aren't fixing that.
In my opinion it's a phosphorus issue, but the FFOF will take care of your issue in another week or so.
Just carry on all looks good

^ Sorry if i sound like a newbie here but what does FFOF mean ?

Ive been growing from seed for 20+ years and never had issues other than i had a few males pop up over the years. But this is my first time doing clones. Ive had great luck growing from seed with this tent i have with the LED light. I grow outdoors (from seed) and im pretty good with that as well. But seems like the clones are a lil different than growing from seed. So any info is greatly appreciated. :)

A few folks on another forum mentioned they may have too much water. So i was told to hold off on watering for a bit.

@Walt Berger Welcome aboard Walt. I'm glad ya joined in the fun.

Wonka is putting out some good info. I'm guessing those purple stems where not there 36 hrs ago? They could be reacting to the ph swing to a hot soil.
Many add extra perilite to those store bought super soils. Over watering is common for this type medium.
I'd just ride the storm and see what happens. Watch that new growth like Wonka said. If that starts to come out all good it'll be just fine.

Good luck.

Oh and Two of the clones is Chocoberry and the other two are Punchberry. Does anyone have any information about these strains ? My outdoors are strains i created a few years ago. As i said, im new to using clones. Fingers crossed these 4 clones survive and i get rolling here :)

Ok i have NOT watered them for a few days and i looked at them today and they are no worse than before and actually the new growth looks nice and green. So i think i was just overwatering them like folks above mentioned. But i was afraid to look at them today as i was expecting the worst. So i can relax now about them and all systems are a go :) Thanks yall ! :)

Ill post pics later in the week of how they look and ill post some of my outdoors i currently have. The outs look nice ;-)

That's what I love about indoor hydro. You can't overwater 'em unless they're completely underwater. Outdoors, I let Mom Nature take care of 'em unless it's been a draught, and then I'll drag out the garden hose. Also figured out the best time to water them is right after a rain after a dry spell. It drives the rain down to the roots. I'm talking inground, not in pots.

Ive never done Hydro. Only done soil grown. These are the first clones im doing. Everything else over a 20+ year period were from seed. Indoors and outdoors. And ive had great luck. I think i mentioned a few times i got Males but i caught them before any issues. Overall ive had great luck. But with clones, im new to this and now i learned a good lesson right away, dont over water them !, no tap root. All of this is really useful info to me. :)

Latest posts

Back