1st plant, 1st Post (Feminized Sour Diesel by Barneys Farm)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a plant needs water and is in flower then buds will get soft if she's thirsty. Check them after a good watering and they will be firm once again.

Leaf lets ya know when to water if ya got a little experience but the bud will as well.

Using pot weight...ya can't go wrong.

That finger....I call it the super sensitive heat seeking moisture missile...put that thing away!!!! 😂 The weight won't lie to ya but that finger will.

Pick up the pot. Heavy..no water. Light...water to run off.

Your plant requires more frequent watering at this stage. You want to keep them buds hydrated. In flower I'm watering before they even need water. 1 gal every other day now.

As long as you have good drainage, and water to run off you'll be fine. Make sure your pots is elevated from the catch pan. Don't let it split in overflow.

If your concerned about a pot having to much moisture. Place a fan hitting the soil. It'll dry out faster.

Weight my friend....not that finger.
I have been watering about the same, a gal every 3-4 days to slight run off.
I didn't know about elevating the pot but I will do that.
I'll give it another day because I really can't tell by the weight.

Can't tell by the weight?

I can just giggle my pot and know it needs water. I don't actually pick it up. You can tell if it's heavy just by wiggling it a little.

Elevating the pots helps airflow in the medium and keeps them from reabsorbing run off.

If I don't have a lift under my pot I use a turkey baster to remove any leftover runoff. Ya don't want the plants sitting in that.

Can't tell by the weight?

I can just giggle my pot and know it needs water. I don't actually pick it up. You can tell if it's heavy just by wiggling it a little.

Elevating the pots helps airflow in the medium and keeps them from reabsorbing run off.

If I don't have a lift under my pot I use a turkey baster to remove any leftover runoff. Ya don't want the plants sitting in that.
Good to know, literally learn something new everyday

Okay so pot did feel noticably light today, and she's droopy so she's getting fed. I put a hard cardboard ring under the pot to lift it up too
IMG_20240904_054134935.jpg

Awesome, weight is the best way. After ya water it good give it a wiggle. It'll be hard to giggle. Make a mental note. Next time ya won't have to lift it ..just giggle it.

So your nearing harvest. What ya got planned for a nice slow dry? Harvest is always stressful for me. Ya got decisions to make and they can effect a lot in that endgame. Ripeness of trichomes, proper drying, and storage. Every one of these can make or break a crop.

What ya got planned?

Awesome, weight is the best way. After ya water it good give it a wiggle. It'll be hard to giggle. Make a mental note. Next time ya won't have to lift it ..just giggle it.

So your nearing harvest. What ya got planned for a nice slow dry? Harvest is always stressful for me. Ya got decisions to make and they can effect a lot in that endgame. Ripeness of trichomes, proper drying, and storage. Every one of these can make or break a crop.

What ya got planned?
Plan is to harvest then turn the tent into the dry area, was just gonna hang er upside down in the tent with the filters still running for airflow,I'm in the desert so I don't have have a lot of humidity. Dry for a week? Then curing in jars for 30 days. I know you burp the jars daily but idk how long for.
IDK if this is a solid plan but it's the only one I got so far 😅

For trichome ripeness I was gonna let the plant hit 70 days and then check them, going for a sprinkle of amber

Plan is to harvest then turn the tent into the dry area, was just gonna hang er upside down in the tent with the filters still running for airflow,I'm in the desert so I don't have have a lot of humidity. Dry for a week? Then curing in jars for 30 days. I know you burp the jars daily but idk how long for.

For trichome ripeness I was gonna let the plant hit 70 days and then check them, going for a sprinkle of amber
Tons of info on drying online. Ya needs a good temp and humidity to slow dry. Tents make it pretty easy.

About the same plan i have for my first grow in 40 years. I also live in the desert so I'm gonna follow along with yours if you don't mind? Our humidity usually drops fast this time of year with the Monsoon season winding down. Not much of a "NonSoon" season this year.
BTY your plants look awesome. I am hoping mine get anywhere near that big and fat. I still have about 6 to 8 weeks to go.

Latest posts

Back