Holy Moly!! - My landlord just saw my plants!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WhiteWidower

Holy Moly!!

My landlord just stopped by, my door was open, plants out on the balcony. He stops by and calls my name at the door, delivers the bills, and definitely saw my plants out on the balcony. I just played it non-chalant, took the bills, went inside and he took one last look and left. I heard him sigh as he left.

I don't want to kill my plants which are good genetics WW, and now he knows I grow marijuana. I don't think he would call the cops on me because then they arrest me and my husband and we then stop paying rent.

What would you guys do?

Edited By SmokinMom- please re-read the site rules regarding profanity- Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

We have been here nearly 10 years. 7 years ago in 2001, the landlord came over and I was on the phone and I told him to come in while I finished up the phone call. I didn't realize I had left the closet door open and he could see the grow light + bong on the table. He didn't bust me then.

Years later he came over and checked out the closets a couple of times (I guess to check), and all he found was it was now my "dirty clothes" hamper.

Thanks for your opinion. I will consider ripping out the plants if I see cops come to the door. I am still in shock. I ordered these seeds so that I could produce my own seeds and not have to purchase from low-life criminals and/or terrorists. My landlord has several grown kids of his own, and it is likely that they all smoke marijuana since they all smoke cigarettes. Most young people in this country smoke.

laws have changed. if you get busted by the cops. well he has to cough up the bill for the cleanup. if he calls you out on it then he doesnt have to pay for it and gets a nice little chunk of change from the cops.
I think you should just bring them all over to my place. for every 3 you bring over i will give you the crop from one..lol

WhiteWidower said:
Holy ****!!

My landlord just stopped by, my door was open, plants out on the balcony. He stops by and calls my name at the door, delivers the bills, and definitely saw my plants out on the balcony. I just played it non-chalant, took the bills, went inside and he took one last look and left. I heard him sigh as he left.

I don't want to kill my plants which are good genetics WW, and now he knows I grow marijuana. I don't think he would call the cops on me because then they arrest me and my husband and we then stop paying rent.

What would you guys do?
I guess it would depend on your legal status, and your relationship with the LL.
BUT.. if there is "ANY" chance of being arrested, .."I" would ditch the plants. Would be nice, to have a 'safe' place that they could be moved to, but is not always an option.
Think of it this way. Would you rather be waiting to get out of jail to start a new grow op', or simply wait a few weeks, in the comfort of your own home?

Hick said:
I guess it would depend on your legal status, and your relationship with the LL.
BUT.. if there is "ANY" chance of being arrested, .."I" would ditch the plants. Would be nice, to have a 'safe' place that they could be moved to, but is not always an option.
Think of it this way. Would you rather be waiting to get out of jail to start a new grow op', or simply wait a few weeks, in the comfort of your own home?

Yeah, it's not an option to move them. Winter is approaching, so not outside. I don't know anyone who would grow them for me. And I love my plants like babies, how can I get rid of them?

I don't have a criminal record, and I don't live in USA, so those laws the poster above you speaks of don't apply to me. If cops showed up, I don't think I would go to jail (I hope). Plus I am university student and good citizen, harming nobody, so why would they jail me? If they jail me then I become burden on society and dependent upon taxpayers to pay for my upkeep. If I am free citizen then I support myself and I pay taxes. It is not in their interest to jail me.

My landlord cares about money. He wants his rent. I hope he wouldn't call the cops just to bust me and get me thrown out and then have to rennovate and fix things up in order to rent out again.

city said:
laws have changed. if you get busted by the cops. well he has to cough up the bill for the cleanup. if he calls you out on it then he doesnt have to pay for it and gets a nice little chunk of change from the cops.
I think you should just bring them all over to my place. for every 3 you bring over i will give you the crop from one..lol

What cleanup? In this country he would not get paid any money by the cops for turning in his rental tenant. He would just lose a renter.

WhiteWidower said:
Holy ****!!

What would you guys do?

get those plants out of your possession NOW , the landlord can lose his building for allowing you to grow, HE WILL call police immediately ;)

edit-- I didnt realize you were not in USA, sorry for my miopia ;) My response was based upon USA [DEA] and Michigan laws :ignore:

LOL you'll rip out the plants when the cops are at the door.

And I'll bury the dead hooker in my trunk after I get pulled over.

You're a university student so you should have some semblance of intelligence. Is the risk involved really worth it? Why not ditch the plants wait 3 months and if nothing happens fire back up. Or you could go to jail and play lets see what fits in my body cavity.

WhiteWidower said:
What cleanup? In this country he would not get paid any money by the cops for turning in his rental tenant. He would just lose a renter.

sorry my friend..but why are you so careless with them? not busting your chops but that does not sound like you are trying to hide them at all..and you say you been there for 10 years..I know how hard it is to find good renters that pay their bills..only you know what your landlord is cappable of ..and is he willing to lose a long time tenant over it? did he say anything that would make you believe he knew what he was seeing? its realy up to you and your gutt...good luck....and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
sorry my friend..but why are you so careless with them? not busting your chops but that does not sound like you are trying to hide them at all..and you say you been there for 10 years..I know how hard it is to find good renters that pay their bills..only you know what your landlord is cappable of ..and is he willing to lose a long time tenant over it? did he say anything that would make you believe he knew what he was seeing? its realy up to you and your gutt...good luck....and be safe

He knows what cannabis is. He's no idiot. I am sure he probably smoked hashish when he was younger also. I know he also smokes cigarettes, so maybe he still smokes hashish now and then.

I heard him sigh when he left - so yeah, he knows.

In reply to another poster: he can't lose his house. The cops in this country first know that nearly every young person in their 20s-30s smoke marijuana. 2nd - if ever I got busted and there was threat he would lose his house, he would simply say he didn't know I was growing and therefore be released from responsibility.

Also, I have another card of my sleeves with my landlord: in this country it is illegal for him to turn this house into a bunch of apartments as he did. If he busted me, the cops would find a house that is made into apartments, and he would get busted, and/or I could call the relevant authority and get him busted, and they would kick out all the tenants and he would lose all that income.

I am hoping that sigh I heard was just, "Youth is lost on the young", and nothing more. Since he didn't call the cops back in 2001 I hope he will continue to remain ok as lon as I pay the rent on time.

4u2sm0ke said:

I didn't hide them because I am home today and didn't go out to do errands so I wanted to bring my plants out on the balcony for a good watering and a day of sunshine. I didn't think my landlord would come over today.

he seen them in 2001 too...then why sweat it..he has much to lose yes...but you have more to lose...think it over my friend..and good luck to you

Wish i could help more, but here goes, if you eliminate probability, there will be no consequence, the only 100% sure fire way to know you wont get busted without confronting your LL will be to ditch the grow and chuck it up as a loss, i understand you dont want to, but thats your decision. GL

4u2sm0ke said:
he seen them in 2001 too...then why sweat it..he has much to lose yes...but you have more to lose...think it over my friend..and good luck to you

In 2001 he only saw the open closet, grow light (turned off), and a bong on the table. No plants were visible (I don't remember where they were).

I am not so nervous actually (surprisingly). And in a strange way relieved. Of course I wish he didn't see, but now that he did, I don't care so much.

Thanks.

I agree with PuffinAfatty- get rid of those plants ASAP. Why risk it? You can always start over once things cool off around there. Good luck!

SmokinMom said:
I agree with PuffinAfatty- get rid of those plants ASAP. Why risk it? You can always start over once things cool off around there. Good luck!

Thanks for your input...

Cool off? In 3 months he would still remember seeing marijuana and will always think I am growing. But if I grow another two months I can harvest and finish, God-willing, with no problems.

SmokinMom, I don't know why you edited my title and statement of Holy Moly. Since the word is edited by asterics anyway, why do you edit it to make me sound like Batman's dorky-50s-talking sidekick Robin?

Edited yet again. Sigh.

WW, you are mistaken if you are in the US. Your landlord can definately lose his house. He doesnt even need to know anything about it... Ignorance is not an excuse. They will charge him and sieze the property...

there are hundreds of news stories out there about this type of thing happening. Your landlord might like you, and love that you pay your rent, but if it comes down to you or the house, youll be packing i assure you....

also,,,, youy came here and asked for advice.... you got some really good advice to ditch the grow and cut your losses, Doesnt seem like you are listening to everyone here so my question is this......WHY ASK? you are going to do what you want anyway... Your the one who thinks a few plants is worth your freedom....Very foolish my friend,,,,,very foolish....I dont wish anyone bad karma, but if they are too stupid to listen then they deserve whatever karma comes thier way.......

Word of advice..... dont drop the soap!

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back