Hello! New to the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used some regular potting mix, but it was at the bottom of the bag. So I added some compost to it, which did freshen it up a lot. I know I will need to invest in more supplies if I want it to be a successful grow, but I am on a very limited budget. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, and will need to start working on an area for flowering pretty soon

Does the potting soil have anything in it. Reason I ask is I am in ProMix which has virtually nothing in it. As soon as see vertical growth I start giving light nutes and some supplements. If I waited 3 weeks like some on here the plants would be suffering from several deficiencies.

I was checking on my babies, and the newest set of leaves on the largest plant has 9-finger leaves coming out - which I consider a sign of the plant's good health. The leaves are very broad and have a darker green color, which indicates classic indica heritage. They have a beautiful shape, very symmetrical.

Attachments

• IMG_2629.JPG
    IMG_2629.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2617.JPG
    IMG_2617.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes, those clear containers are not good for the roots. But they were all I could come up with on the fly. They seem to have outgrown their current location, too - but I do have a plan, lol. CalMag is a great idea, I just have to watch my budget. I have not checked the pH

Wrap them in something like duct tape to keep light of the roots. Your definitely gonna need bigger pots. Plastic pots are cheap. Or order some 3 gallon fabric pots off Amazon.

These are the type of fabric pots I use. These 3 gallon pots are 5 for 20 bucks.
Screenshot_20230820-072248.png

True to my nature, I think duct tape can fix anything, LOL! However, my roll ran out after applying a few pieces... Then I remembered I had some water-based acrylic craft paints in the garage and finished the job with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2634.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
I have an idea for a new grow area, but it will require some materials that I don't currently have. I am going to make a shopping list, and hopefully I can find everything I need to create this new area without spending a lot of cash. I really like the fabric pots idea, but I already have a few of those cheap plastic pots. Down the road (and it's right around the corner), I will need to invest more money on equipment and supplies

Good dank is not cheap to grow. Basically you get what you pay for. You need at least 3 gallon pots. Good soil that drains. Good nutrients and you need to know your PH. If your PH is not correct your plants will not uptake the nutrients.
Lighting is very important and without good lighting your plants will not grow good. Also air movement to keep fresh air in your grow area and keep PM and bud rot in check.
Growing weed inside is not cheap or easy.
Growing outside is easier because you have the lighting you need,,,but you still need nutrients, know the pH of the solution your feeding and watering with, and you have to watch for bugs.
Have fun😁

Good dank is not cheap to grow. Basically you get what you pay for. You need at least 3 gallon pots. Good soil that drains. Good nutrients and you need to know your PH. If your PH is not correct your plants will not uptake the nutrients.
Lighting is very important and without good lighting your plants will not grow good. Also air movement to keep fresh air in your grow area and keep PM and bud rot in check.
Growing weed inside is not cheap or easy.
Growing outside is easier because you have the lighting you need,,,but you still need nutrients, know the pH of the solution your feeding and watering with, and you have to watch for bugs.
Have fun😁

growing outside is easier?

I disagree

growing inside was easier for me , timers and stuff , just set it and forget it! Billy Mays style!

outdoors?….40-60 mph winds , a-l-l freaking day , sometimes all week

throw in some hail , biblical plagues of hoppers and mites and aphids , monsoon rains , airborn fungi and all kinds of diseases transported by flies and bugs , it is enough to make one go crazy

ive never lost an indoor crop but I cannot say that about outdoor

i do agree that outdoor is cheaper , especially if one has 6-8 foot plants that yield 2-4 pounds each…..makes for some really inexpensive weed , ha , actually it turned into quite a profitable hobby

But I am retired now

IMG_8194.jpeg

One of the biggest challenges I face is space - or, rather, the lack thereof. I plan on getting one of those tents in the future, like a 2x4x6 with LED lights. But right now, all I can do is convert some closet space. Even doing that will be difficult, and require a lot of moving things around. When I do get things situated, I want to buy all-new growing medium and nutrients. In the past, I used Peter's Professional 20-20-20, and switched to the Blossom Booster 10-30-20 during the flowering stage.

growing outside is easier?

I disagree

growing inside was easier for me , timers and stuff , just set it and forget it! Billy Mays style!

outdoors?….40-60 mph winds , a-l-l freaking day , sometimes all week

throw in some hail , biblical plagues of hoppers and mites and aphids , monsoon rains , airborn fungi and all kinds of diseases transported by flies and bugs , it is enough to make one go crazy

ive never lost an indoor crop but I cannot say that about outdoor

i do agree that outdoor is cheaper , especially if one has 6-8 foot plants that yield 2-4 pounds each…..makes for some really inexpensive weed , ha , actually it turned into quite a profitable hobby

But I am retired now

View attachment 338102
I use to always grow inside and I found it to be more hands on than growing outside.
I don't have to worry about room,lights, root zone temps, electric bills,or exhaust fans.
Outside it was Water and let mother nature do her thing.

I use to always grow inside and I found it to be more hands on than growing outside.
I don't have to worry about lights, electric bills,or exhaust fans.
Water and let mother nature do her thing.

I hear ya Amigo

they both have their differences , both good and bad

although I know outdoor grown weed is way better than indoor

~ drops the mic and runs away to play some golf ~

I used to rebuild cylinder heads back in the day, especially sets of 350 Chevy heads for racing. Those "double -hump, angle plug" heads were always in high demand.
I remember combing junk yards for the double hump fuelie heads. I never found any with angled plugs. Found a few with the 1.94 inch I take. Have to have them cut for the 2.02 valve. So much better heads available today, things have really moved forward

Yep.03, we would use a Serdi guide and seat machine to put in hardened seats for the 202 intakes valves. The angle plugs aim the spark towards the intake for better firing. That Serdi machine puts a sleek 5-angle seat for the valve. Shave off 0.030" from the surface with a rotary broach for added compression. Port, polish and BAM! you are set...

Latest posts

Back