Godfather OG Quadline Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today marks one week after I planted both of the remaining Godfather OG seeds….only one of the two seeds sprouted. I added 5 more seeds to the germination station with the hope of getting 3 plants for the tent this fall/winter. I soak my seeds in seaweed extract and RO water for 24 hours before planting. I forgot to ph the water….not sure if that will affect the germination. They are in a coco coir mix, and I’m using a heat mat under the plants to keep the soil warm.

Pacific Seedbank Godfather OG….1 of 2 seeds have sprouted
Nirvana Critical Strain…..0 of 2 seeds sprouted (seeds planted last Tuesday)
Ganja Farmer Gelato Cake….0 of 3 seeds sprouted (seeds soaked yesterday and planted today)

Not sure at what age I should give up on seeds….it says it can take up to 10 days to sprout.

Hope to have better news and more photo opportunities on the weekly update next weekend.

Nothing exciting to share, but I need to update my strains here in my grow journal. I’m looking for just three seedlings and germination isn’t going well here. I just added 6 more seeds to a soak in preparation to plant them tomorrow. I am worried that my seed storage technique is hurting the viability of my seeds. I store them in a mason jar, with dessicant packs, in my refrigerator. I have also used a food saver to suck the air out of the mason jar.

I’m planting in Coco Loco mix. I use RO water with a weak mixture of cal mag and GH Flora nutrients (ph’d to 6.0) to mist the solo cups.

Pacific Seedbank Godfather OG….1 of 2 seeds have sprouted (planted 9 days ago)
Ganja Farmer Gelato Cake….0 of 3 seeds sprouted (seeds soaked and planted on Sunday)
Ganja Farmer Zkitttlez….3 seeds added to presoak today (Tuesday)
Seedsman Peyote Gorilla…..3 seeds added to presoak today (Tuesday)

So…..13 seeds used so far in the search for three seedlings. If this doesn’t work, I might just need to order fresh seeds and start over.

Nothing exciting to share, but I need to update my strains here in my grow journal. I’m looking for just three seedlings and germination isn’t going well here. I just added 6 more seeds to a soak in preparation to plant them tomorrow. I am worried that my seed storage technique is hurting the viability of my seeds. I store them in a mason jar, with dessicant packs, in my refrigerator. I have also used a food saver to suck the air out of the mason jar.

I’m planting in Coco Loco mix. I use RO water with a weak mixture of cal mag and GH Flora nutrients (ph’d to 6.0) to mist the solo cups.

Pacific Seedbank Godfather OG….1 of 2 seeds have sprouted (planted 9 days ago)
Ganja Farmer Gelato Cake….0 of 3 seeds sprouted (seeds soaked and planted on Sunday)
Ganja Farmer Zkitttlez….3 seeds added to presoak today (Tuesday)
Seedsman Peyote Gorilla…..3 seeds added to presoak today (Tuesday)

So…..13 seeds used so far in the search for three seedlings. If this doesn’t work, I might just need to order fresh seeds and start over.
That is odd that they are not sprouting for you. I also store my seeds with desi packs in the fridge(though I don’t vac seal them). My question would be how warm does your seedling mat get? I bought an AC Infinity seedling mat for a different project and the mat was heating up to 100+ F. Sent the POS back to Jeff Besos. I have had good results sprouting on top of my water heater or near where my fridge blows out the warm air. I also once had a seedling grow downward which was pretty weird. I may have planted it too deep.

That is odd that they are not sprouting for you. I also store my seeds with desi packs in the fridge(though I don’t vac seal them). My question would be how warm does your seedling mat get? I bought an AC Infinity seedling mat for a different project and the mat was heating up to 100+ F. Sent the POS back to Jeff Besos. I have had good results sprouting on top of my water heater or near where my fridge blows out the warm air. I also once had a seedling grow downward which was pretty weird. I may have planted it too deep.
Hi OldFogey,
Thanks! I am measuring the temperature under the lights and I’m running around 86 degrees and 45 percent humidity now that I’ve taken the cover off the dome. I am using a heat mat. I would expect that to be an ideal temperature, but I will turn off the heating mat off and see if that helps. Perhaps that is proving to be too warm. I might have been too warm with the cover on the dome installed…it was closer to 90 degrees and 85% humidity with the dome on.

Hello, here’s a quick week #2 update on the grow that doesn’t want to start. I feel like my germination attempt has been cursed…..1 sprout out of 13 seeds planted has sprouted over the course of the last two weeks. All I’m looking for is three seedlings. I am now convinced I was too warm as Old Fogey pointed out for the earlier seeds. I’m also suspicious of the chloramines in my tap water and the impact of hydrating my coco with untreated tap water. I usually use aquarium drops to help remove chlorine and chloramines, but I didn’t remember to do that. (My municipality uses chloramines). That’s what happens when I take a break…..I forget potentially Important steps.

I’m going to start from scratch tomorrow using Rapid Rooters instead of Coco Loco as the starting medium. I am going to use Reverse Osmosis water, ph’d to 6.0 with 5ml/ gallon of cal mag and 28ml/gallon of seaweed extract. I will soak the seeds in that water overnight and sow 1/4-1/2 inch deep into the rapid rooters. Environment is 78 degrees under the Fluorescent bulbs. Then just keep damp with the same solution I mixed above. I don’t know what else to do except start over. Am I missing anything?

The one seedling that did emerge is stuck at 1 inch tall for the past 1.5 weeks. Seems like very sluggish growth from the one plant that did emerge. Starting over might be the best thing altogether.

A quick photo included below. I’ve since removed the cover from the germination station. Temps don’t go over 78 degrees now, and I think I’m going to raise the light further to lower the temperature a few more degrees.

IMG_0841.jpegIMG_0839.jpeg

sounds like a solid plan and you should be successful!

if you need more seeds just holler , I have loads of them!
Thank you BigSur!

I don’t recall ever having so much difficulty germinating seeds.

New seeds were planted under “ideal conditions” into Rapid Rooters this morning. I did notice two new seedlings yesterday, so I should be able to fill my 2x4 tent now. I’ll try to sprout up to 6 plants and pick the healthiest 3 for the tent. I’ve sprouted 3 out of 13 seeds planted……not a very good ratio.

New seeds are LA Peyote Kush (4 vacuum-sealed seeds in Rapid Rooters)
2 sprouts of Ganja Farmer Zkittelz growing quickly now
1 sprout of Godfather OG growing very slowly.

Rest of the planted seeds appear dead or did not sprout. I’m wondering if vacuum sealing my seeds was a mistake. The Zkittelz weren’t vacuum sealed and they sprouted. All of the seeds that did not sprout were vacuum sealed in mason jars except for one zkittelz. Let’s see if these new seeds sprout under better conditions.

There are too many variables here to blame any one failure for my poor germination…..high temperature, potentially poor seed storage techniques and water quality all likely played a part. I need to keep temperatures under 78 degrees (goodbye heat mat), use RO water due to chloramines in my tap water, and stop vacuum sealing my seeds. Let’s hope the rest of the grow gets smoother.

Good Morning! A quick Saturday update to the grow journal. It took 17 seeds, but I finally managed to get 5 seedlings to sprout. I plan to move three of these to 1.5 gallon containers in a week. That’s four additional seedlings this week, so I’m feeling better about my germination. I learned several valuable lessons this time about water quality, germination temperature and seed storage.

I am still re-evaluating my seed storage process as I wonder if vacuum sealing the seeds damaged some of them. I had been using a mason jar with dessicant packs (humidity absorbing packs) inside, then vacuum sealed and refrigerated. I have since stopped vacuum sealing the jar.

Current grow conditions in the germination station….
77 degrees / 50-55% humidity
Coco coir medium
Feed at 350ppm and 6.0 ph (reverse osmosis water with seaweed extract and a little cal mag)
Light distance for T5 at 4 inches (3500 lux levels)
All female seeds with 2 Seedsman LA Peyote Kush, 2 Ganja Famer Zkittlez, and 1 Pacific Seeds Godfather OG.

The 2x4 tent is ready….just need to get them large enough for the 5 gallon containers. I’m have two 300 watt LEDs squeezed into the tent, but I don’t plan to run both lights until flower. I will veg under 300 watts and flower under 500-600 watts….unless there’s a reason to max out sooner. I need to study up on cannabis lighting again.

IMG_0239.jpeg
IMG_0238.jpeg
IMG_0842.jpeg

Hey T dub, I just started sprouting some seeds myself and I had two that just took off and screamed out of the paper towels, but all the others are just poking out little tails, and being very slow… I don’t know why, but sometimes things just don’t work out the way we’ve always done them. I had issues with my clones until a friend helped sort that out and then I realized what I was doing wrong. Good luck with the beans.

Hey T dub, I just started sprouting some seeds myself and I had two that just took off and screamed out of the paper towels, but all the others are just poking out little tails, and being very slow… I don’t know why, but sometimes things just don’t work out the way we’ve always done them. I had issues with my clones until a friend helped sort that out and then I realized what I was doing wrong. Good luck with the beans.
Thanks Boo! Yes, every grow is different and it gets me second-guessing every step in my process when things don’t go as planned. I guess that’s all part of the growing experience. I think I’m over the hurdle now but there’s plenty more lessons to be learned before I reach harvest. Good luck with your beans too…I haven’t tried the paper towel germination process but it sure seems effective. I just don’t trust my shaky hands handling a tap root.

Good Morning! A quick Saturday update to the grow journal. It took 17 seeds, but I finally managed to get 5 seedlings to sprout. I plan to move three of these to 1.5 gallon containers in a week. That’s four additional seedlings this week, so I’m feeling better about my germination. I learned several valuable lessons this time about water quality, germination temperature and seed storage.

I am still re-evaluating my seed storage process as I wonder if vacuum sealing the seeds damaged some of them. I had been using a mason jar with dessicant packs (humidity absorbing packs) inside, then vacuum sealed and refrigerated. I have since stopped vacuum sealing the jar.

Current grow conditions in the germination station….
77 degrees / 50-55% humidity
Coco coir medium
Feed at 350ppm and 6.0 ph (reverse osmosis water with seaweed extract and a little cal mag)
Light distance for T5 at 4 inches (3500 lux levels)
All female seeds with 2 Seedsman LA Peyote Kush, 2 Ganja Famer Zkittlez, and 1 Pacific Seeds Godfather OG.

The 2x4 tent is ready….just need to get them large enough for the 5 gallon containers. I’m have two 300 watt LEDs squeezed into the tent, but I don’t plan to run both lights until flower. I will veg under 300 watts and flower under 500-600 watts….unless there’s a reason to max out sooner. I need to study up on cannabis lighting again.

View attachment 343161View attachment 343162View attachment 343166
What lights are those , were they from a kit look very familiar

What lights are those , were they from a kit look very familiar
These are old Timber 3VL cob grow lights. Timber is no longer in business. It’s probably VERY outdated compared to current LEDs given how much led technology has advanced in 5 years.

These are old Timber 3VL cob grow lights. Timber is no longer in business. It’s probably VERY outdated compared to current LEDs given how much led technology has advanced in 5 years.
Timber Yep That are them Friends like em

As usual, I transplanted from the germination station to the grow tent earlier than necessary. I wanted to get the plants under the LED with more light than I could give them using the T5 fluorescents. Now getting light levels at 5600 lux. Had been getting 2500 lux under the T5s.

Now I wait for the roots to reach the bottom of these 5 gallon fabric pots since they are being bottom fed using the AC infinity wick system. Should be quiet until I’m ready to top them. I’ll likely need to top-feed them until their roots grow deeper.

Humidifier set to 70%
Temperature 70 degrees (trying to figure out how to raise this without using a heater….maybe an incandescent bulb?)
Led height: 20 inches
LED dimming: 5600 lux and I will gradually increase daily

Strains from left to right….LA Peyote Kush, Zkittelz, Godfather OG. I don’t think I’ve ever grown three plants to maturity in this tent before. It’s going to be tight. I will be using a SCROG net too, so I’m expecting a full house.

IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0249.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpegIMG_0250.jpegIMG_0251.jpegIMG_0252.jpeg

Good Day! It’s good to see so many familiar names still here on MP. Hello again and sorry for the delayed absence.

I’ve totally given up on trying to grow in summer since I vent my tent indoors, so I’ve taken a summer leave from growing. It’s simply too much heat and humidity for my house. Now that the cooler weather is back, it seems like a good time to fire up the grow tent. I’m going to simplify my grow by limiting myself to one tent….no more 2x2 tents scattered in the grow room. That should greatly reduce the heat and humidity in my grow room.

I’m also splitting my free time on growing and on learning guitar….hopefully those two hobbies will be enough to keep me occupied this winter. I am 8 months into learning guitar chords and I am slow and absolutely terrible! Hope to be slightly faster and less terrible by the end of winter.

I see people growing up to 4 plants in a 2x4 tent, but I’m trying to avoid overcrowding….so I will stick to 2 plants and leave room for my tower fans. I wish I had planted three seeds and I may plant a third seed later today. I’m ok with not maximizing the space if it means good airflow….but a third plant should fit in the 2x4 nicely.

Photos to follow once the seeds sprout. They are currently on day 3 in small pots with coco. (No sprout yet)

Tent: 2x4 AC Infinity Tent
Lights: 2 320 watt 3VL Timber Grow Lights dimmed down considerably for most of the grow
Strain: Godfather OG (only 2 plants)
Medium: Fox Farm Coco Loco
Container: AC Infinity 5 gallon fabric pot and AC Infinity self-watering wick base
Plant Training: Quadlining and possibly SCROG net.
Fertilizer: General hydroponics flora series. (Possibly Lucas formula again)
Supplements: Seaweed Extract / silica
Controller: AC Infinity environment controller including humidifier (I will experiment with target VPD this time)

Hope to have photos in a few days with seedlings by next week. See you around…..
Some good music to begin playing guitar when just learning is CCR. I started playing at 10 years old and that seem the an easy band to learn basic playing. They mostly only use three or four cords. I bought a couple of guitars in the last few years but because of a thumb surgery I cant seem to play anymore, But truly it may be my drain more than my thumb.

Some good music to begin playing guitar when just learning is CCR. I started playing at 10 years old and that seem the an easy band to learn basic playing. They mostly only use three or four cords. I bought a couple of guitars in the last few years but because of a thumb surgery I cant seem to play anymore, But truly it may be my drain more than my thumb.
Thanks Splatoid. I love CCR, but my skills aren’t quite there yet. I’m REALLY new and progressing slowly. Hope you can work through the thumb issues because playing seems like such a rewarding hobby.

Here’s a quick update on the garden. I replaced the sluggish Godfather OG with a Zkittelz seedling that was growing quickly. Hopefully she survives the transplant and we move forward to 5+ weeks of veg without any other obstacles. I have one last backup seedling (LA Peyote Kush) in case one of these plants doesn’t survive.

Nutrients are ph’d to 6.0 for the coco coir medium. Used RO water and tap water with CalMag (5ml/g), seaweed extract (1oz/g), and GH Flora Series at 1ml/g each. Requires about 1ml/g of ph down. Feed at 650 ppm. Also using aquarium drops to break down the chlorine.

Environment is at 75 degrees and 75% humidity. I’m trying to keep the VPD under 1.0 to reduce stress. The old cob LEDs are dimmed to provide 7,000 lux. I’m planning to add InfraRed and UV lighting to this grow to supplement the old cob LED technology that I use. I’ve read about the benefit of these light spectrums…..so I decided to purchase these Mars Hydro lights while they are on sale. Hope it’s legit….
IMG_0275.jpegIMG_0276.png

Here is the Godfather OG before being replaced. She stayed the same size for almost two weeks. Also shown is the new Zkittlez seedling that replaced the Godfather. She’s been growing rapidly, but she’s still one inch smaller than the other Zkittelz.
IMG_0881.jpegIMG_0270.jpeg

And a quick snapshot of the LA Peyote Kush and the existing Zkittelz….roughly a 5 inch span across the leaves

IMG_0268.jpegIMG_0269.jpeg

And the tent…..waiting for 6 nodes so that I can top them and train them.

IMG_0271.jpeg

Latest posts

Back