What to do after germing? Planting 101 !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..IMO.. once they have cracked and the tap root is visably protruding, they need to be removed from straight water, and placed in some type of medium.
"Hydro" allows for oxygenation of the water. "I" don't know of or can think of any hydro system that allows plants to set in still water for extended periods.

Hey my friend...you can plant them anytime....TOA said he likes an inch long Tap root..thats not the rule...find what works for you...and run with it...

Hick said:
..IMO.. once they have cracked and the tap root is visably protruding, they need to be removed from straight water, and placed in some type of medium.
"Hydro" allows for oxygenation of the water. "I" don't know of or can think of any hydro system that allows plants to set in still water for extended periods.

I agree...if not useing an air stone, Be sure to change water in glass daily ..as TOA stated in his Germ thread..:)

yes, change the water daily- even twice is fine. they dont have an extensive root system...this requires ALOT less oxygen and changing the water frequently provides plenty.

trillions of atoms said:
yes, change the water daily- even twice is fine. they dont have an extensive root system...this requires ALOT less oxygen and changing the water frequently provides plenty.

Thanks! I replied to you in your germination post.

Latest posts

Back