The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fargin weird, ladeez and gemmun... As an old pilot, there is something here that just does not compute.

Some Marine Doofus (Marines are so dumb, their actual top commanding officer had to be the one from the Navy) anyway, SMD was flying his F-35 in a thunderstorm over a city.

So what, you say? Well, the F-35 has some downright p.ussy characteristics (unlike a Phantom, which rocked).

Unbelivably (but true) the F-35 cannot fly within 25 miles of lightning.

The engine/fuel tanks will explode because the OBIGGS (Onboard Inert Gas Generation System) won't work, and KABOOM goes the tanks.

I might humbly point out to the Marines that I have flown a dinky Spam Can (Cessna 152) -- out of necessity -- within a mile of a thunderstorm. 25 times better than a F-35.

Didja see how I said "out of necessity"? Which type of pilot would see fifty times more "out of necessity" bad weather flying? A puddle-jumping putt-putt, or a carrier-launched combat aircraft?

And pray tell, O taxpayer: What happens when it is pitch-dark, and the carrier is in the middle of a thunderstorm, and the Marine is in his explosive hot-rod that does not work in poopy weather?

And just what in the bloody hell was this Marine Doofus' flight plan? Do they just hop in and say, "Well I gotta get another hour in for my Flight Pay minimum"?

What. What was he doing in an F-35 over a city in a thunderstorm?

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-backroom/4183879/posts
we had schitt to do Unc...

Hoo Boy. You guys don't want to miss this. There was a group researching an ancient wreck off the east coast of Africa.

Right in the middle of their exploring, they suddenly came across HUGE golden statues. If you are impatient, skip to about 50 min mark.

Then you will be struck shocked to see the huge gold, life-sized and bigger figures coming up.

The 55-minute mark shows a Sun God disk about five feet across...

the story turns out to be fake

Inside, in perfect Discovery Channel pastiche, the tale is told of a freed slave named Cif Amotan II (solve that anagram), who accumulated an immense fortune which he spent on the sunken treasures divers are now dredging up on the screen before you. This is quite obviously hokum.

One glimpse of the synthetic blue coral, or the Versace bling of the golden head gingerly dislodged from the sea floor, should give the game away, even before you see the amazing “hoard”.

But then again, these are in a true sense buried treasures: buried and then rediscovered for the sake of this footage.

The joke is already more subtle than many of the objects; this is art for a post-truth world.

Just built these. According to the Old Hen and Pullet, they're better than onion rings. I kinda liked 'em, too. What ever you do, don't just watch the vid and build 'em. Scroll down and read where he said 4 TBL of salt but he meant 4 TSP of salt. I was impressed. They can be tweaked with other goodies, I'm sure.

the story turns out to be fake

Inside, in perfect Discovery Channel pastiche, the tale is told of a freed slave named Cif Amotan II (solve that anagram), who accumulated an immense fortune which he spent on the sunken treasures divers are now dredging up on the screen before you. This is quite obviously hokum.

One glimpse of the synthetic blue coral, or the Versace bling of the golden head gingerly dislodged from the sea floor, should give the game away, even before you see the amazing “hoard”.

But then again, these are in a true sense buried treasures: buried and then rediscovered for the sake of this footage.

The joke is already more subtle than many of the objects; this is art for a post-truth world.
I didn't comment on the original post because I had a hunch

well, ..

1ee3bb26d7550401.png

Hoo Boy. You guys don't want to miss this. There was a group researching an ancient wreck off the east coast of Africa.

Right in the middle of their exploring, they suddenly came across HUGE golden statues. If you are impatient, skip to about 50 min mark.

Then you will be struck shocked to see the huge gold, life-sized and bigger figures coming up.

The 55-minute mark shows a Sun God disk about five feet across...

Latest posts

Back