The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Build a few. Cop shops, court houses and jails, too.
I had a cousin come up from MO and she was asking me what I'd been doing. I told her I was at the new county jail for a year and then the Thumb Correctional Facility for a year and a half. Her eyes went wide and she said, "What did you do?"
After I quit laughing, I let her know I was only there for 8 hours a day, five days a week, and knocking down union scale.

I'm guessing, just guessing .. that most peeps that move to Kansas for employment are headed to the Leavenworth area .. or is that a U.S. Marine's gig only ..
Wichita is known as The Air Capitol nof the world. Yup employment

I would take Wichita over the sanctuary city of perversion Denver any day
I was referring to the weather. I don't go to Denver! Place used to be a beautiful city....not anymore!
2 years in the federal system is actually not bad....18 months is as short as I've seen, generally the party starts at 10 years, if a "big" case, easy to get 20 or 30. Very little good time.

Bubba
When I left in 73 I was one step ahead of the law....I if Iever get stopped by a cop while visiting there I will be praying their records don't go back to the 60's and early 70's cause I might be spending time in the crowbar hotel myself.

Just finished picking beans, peppers, cukes, carrots and peas. Dinner tonight.

IMG_20230803_130846348_HDR.jpg

Gaaahhh!! I pickled a rump roast for three fargin days. Was preparing it for dinner tonight. The way you cook it after it has been in the brine mixture is to put it in a Dutch oven in 1/2 inch of the brine.

Simmer it for 3 hours, replacing the brine to keep that 1/2 inch there. Tres' delicious.

Unless, with just one hour to go, you and your bride take a short fargin nap... 45 minutes -- and the pan goes dry and there is carbon-meat for 3/4" into the roast.

Moreover, the way you make the gravy is simple and wonderful: Just take the brine/roast drippings and dump some crushed-up ginger snaps in it.

Needless to say, no gravy can be made from charcoal. 😫🥺

Folks that know us say that as couple, we remind them of psychotherapy. She’s “therapy”.

Kansas was the last capitol of LSD-25

Ran into a friend yesterday I've known since I was 13 , he self describes himself as a real wizard these days but anyway he had been playing chess online against AI while on LSD the past few days. .. at one time a decade or two ago he was in the top 10 nationally .. crazy fu.cker but I like him.

The Myth of The Female Hunter

If you watched Tarzan you should know how to get out of quicksand. Well, at least TV quicksand.

I've been waist deep in mud way back in a cave, not sure if I could get out! I have never seen actual quick sand.
I've been in quicksand several times (same area). It happened to be a spot where there were huge bullfrogs. We'd go frog-gigging, and the guys would not go in the deep area of this one pond, so I was always elected.

The trick was to ignore your sinking until you got the frog the guys on shore have lit up with their monster-long D-Cell flashlights before you sunk to immobility or worse.

Getting out of quicksand is simple. After you get the frog, you just lay back with a deep breath, and slowly backstroke your way to solid ground. Hollywood aside, I don't think anyone has died in quicksand in centuries.

Latest posts

Back