T Dub’s Durban Poison Winter Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_Dub

Reaction score
Hello MP forum!
It’s been a year since I’ve grown and I haven’t been around much. I see some familiar names still posting, so I decided to come back and post my grow here. My last grow turned into a disaster. I used Infrared and Ultraviolet lighting too much which resulted in seeded feminized stressed plants. This time I plan to stick to the basics. I’m placing several documents here in the first post so that I can find the reference material easily. One of the challenges of growing only once per year is that I need to re-learn a lot or rely on reference material often.

I’ve had a lot of success with bottom-feeding the AC Infinity self-feeding bases, so this time I’m going to grow with the new Vivosun self-feeding bases. They have a few additional features that are improvements to the ACI model (easy access to reservoir, 30% more volume). These keep the bottom 1/3 of the fiber pots damp without being too wet.

IMG_1968.pngIMG_1969.png

Germination
My plants are over two weeks since popping the soil. I planted 5 seeds and all five popped quickly. I soaked in reverse osmosis water and seaweed extract for 24 hours before planting in soil. After one week, I transplanted the seedlings to their final containers.

Medium:
Hydrated and rinsed coco coir (70%) and a mix of small and large perlite (30%).

Nutrients and additives:
GH Flora series Micro, Bloom and Grow for NPK.
Maxicrop Seaweed extract for all of the amazing benefits (30ml/g)

IMG_0795.jpeg

GH Armor Si silica supplement for heat tolerance and strength, hydrogen peroxide 3% (10ml/g), Botanicare Hydroguard (not sure this is needed but I own it), Cal Mag to make up for low levels in my reverse osmosis water.

Water:
2:1 ratio of tap water (treated to remove chloramines) and reverse osmosis water.

Tent:
2x4x8 with a SCROG net ready to go

Light:
Antique (outdated technology) 320 watt Timber 3VL and four 11” AC Infinity LED light bars (one in each corner of the tent) for an extra 30 watts.
Watts per square foot: 40w excluding light bars / 44 watts including Light bars
16” above the plants and using a dimmer to target a specific Daily Light Integral of 17-20 at this age. I use the Photone app on my phone.
IMG_1919.pngIMG_1956.png

Genetics: Seedsman Durban Poison (my first time growing this strain). Here they are at 2+ weeks. Only 3-4 nodes on these girls.
IMG_1922.jpegIMG_1923.jpegIMG_1924.jpegIMG_1925.jpeg

Ideal Climate:
I will be using these charts to target an ideal Vapor Pressure Deficit around 1.0 in veg and 1.1 in flower. I have the new AC Infinity grow tent heater on order to achieve these temps in my cold basement this winter. My small space heater bit the dust. I am using the AC Infinity Controller to target a stable VPD.

IMG_0791.png

Fingers crossed it all works out…..but so far this grow is going well. I’ll try to update regularly.

T Dub! I was just thinking about you. Glad to see you back.

Welcome back! Love seeing everyone's grows. My last harvest was seeded too but not as bad as it could have been. I am still picking out seeds.

Latest posts

Back