Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced mine last year. Cost me around 9K

Looks just like the one my Grandparents had that I slept under.
I remember waking up damp.😁

we used to put gallon jugs of water in the freezer and when they were frozen solid , take one of the sides off the swamp cooler and put about 4 of those frozen jugs in there and BAM!…..redneck ac

we used to put gallon jugs of water in the freezer and when they were frozen solid , take one of the sides off the swamp cooler and put about 4 of those frozen jugs in there and BAM!…..redneck ac
I have never had a swamp cooler. Don't they preform best in low humidity conditions. Years there were lots of swamp coolers around here. Don't see many anymore.

I have never had a swamp cooler. Don't they preform best in low humidity conditions. Years there were lots of swamp coolers around here. Don't see many anymore.

yes , they are designed for dry climates , Palm Springs , Bakersfield , Phoenix , Tucson , places like that

we used them in oklahoma cause that was all we could afford…they are not made for places like Tulsa where there are weeks of 100 degree weather and 70-90% humidity

doors and windows would swell shut , but at least we had cool air

think of beauty
resist negativity

IMG_6297.jpeg

I have a portable swamp cooler on my back porch. I freeze water regular bottles and drop them in the cold water from some big water bottles we fill and put in the fridge and then pour into the swamp cooler.

Walking around in shock......all I can say is nothing is cheap anymore. After talking to the HVAC guy I need to go rob a bank. Think I will take a double shot of vodka.
Go with a one guy company and maybe you can barter.
That is exactly what I did. I liked the guy. Just booked a trip to Hawaii....I did get him down $2,500. So he has to fly coach.

That's genius

My next door neighbor had his replaced last year and it was right at ten grand. Another neighbor up the street said the same. I have one advantage. Their furnaces both went out in the middle of winter! They were in a panic. I am not! 3 bids and try to negotiate is to my advantage.
consider undercoating and an extended warranty plan... also see if ....financing is available :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back