One Skywalker OG Seed / 10 Gallon Pot / 3x3 Tent / Goal = 1 Pound Dry Yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I topped the two main colas today, splitting them into 4 and that's all she wrote as far as topping is concerned. I find that two toppings helps to create that perfect canopy shape I'm looking for. VPD is averaging 1.0.

Attachments

• 20240613_184344.jpg
    20240613_184344.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240613_183916.jpg
    20240613_183916.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 0
I topped the two mains this morning and that's all for topping. I find this amount helps to create the perfect canopy shape. VPD is averaging 1.0 and the plant is taking more than 1 gallon of water at each watering without any runoff. Increasing water amount slightly next time.

Attachments

• 20240613_184344.jpg
    20240613_184344.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240613_183916.jpg
    20240613_183916.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 0
Running the #'s: Skywalker OG finishes in about 9 weeks, so using 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flower, I'm giving the plant 1,512 hours of light and 1,008 hours of rest or darkness throughout the 15 week grow.

Changing to 21 hrs of light and 3 dark during veg and 15 hrs of light and 9 dark during flower adds 315 more light hours during those same 15 weeks.

Anyone see a problem that could result that I'm missing?
Not sure but sometimes extra light causes nanners.,

Not sure but sometimes extra light causes nanners.,
I've read about nanners, thankfully never had them. Outdoor plants receive 2,200 + PAR on an average sunny cloudless day for 15 hours or more every single day so I cannot see how such a change to the DLI can trigger nanners in my tent as long as I'm not burning/stressing it. I just can't stop thinking about what 315 more hours of light can mean to a cannabis harvest.

Not sure but I am finding a few seeds in everything I just harvested last month. I didnt see any but there had to be some. No one even starts gardening outside here usually in March I tried it thus year. The weed is awesome and only a few seeds not hundreds.

I've read about nanners, thankfully never had them. Outdoor plants receive 2,200 + PAR on an average sunny cloudless day for 15 hours or more every single day so I cannot see how such a change to the DLI can trigger nanners in my tent as long as I'm not burning/stressing it. I just can't stop thinking about what 315 more hours of light can mean to a cannabis harvest.

Not sure but I am finding a few seeds in everything I just harvested last month. I didnt see any but there had to be some. No one even starts gardening outside here usually in March I tried it thus year. The weed is awesome and only a few seeds not hundreds.
That's really interesting...you enjoyed the smoke alot, but still found seeds in your harvest. I've never experienced that before, but I'm guessing that's nature. My goal will be to keep the light height at least 22" away from the canopy at full power. At 18", my light delivers about 1,280 PAR ... maybe I dial that down to 1,000.

That's really interesting...you enjoyed the smoke alot, but still found seeds in your harvest. I've never experienced that before, but I'm guessing that's nature. My goal will be to keep the light height at least 22" away from the canopy at full power. At 18", my light delivers about 1,280 PAR ... maybe I dial that down to 1,000.
Mine was pure sun from outside so I have no clue. Not a ton of seeds so far less than 10. Just a few but there has been a few seeds in every thing so far. Glad about the PR that weed kicks arse! The king kandy and sour Vengeance also great weed but a few seeds. I didn't find any until I started grinding to make joints for my son. I roll him 10 joints of each strain.
image.jpg

You're a good dad...I like to mail part of my harvest to my son who lives about 1,000 miles away. He loves those deliveries. I'm just stumped about the seeds you're seeing.

You're a good dad...I like to mail part of my harvest to my son who lives about 1,000 miles away. He loves those deliveries. I'm just stumped about the seeds you're seeing.
Good Mom and I make him pick it up. They cone for a visit we grill and visit the grandkids. They are the vegans so I have to fave 2 menus. The only plant based crap I eat is the kind I find in produce not burgers.

I like that even better. Sounds like you're enjoying life and family - what more could you ask for, except really great weed.

U.S.P.S. - Secured in multiple smell-proof bags. Just add the proper # of postage stamps and drop it off at a local shipping store.

U.S.P.S. - Secured in multiple smell-proof bags. Just add the proper # of postage stamps and drop it off at a local shipping store.
First bend accomplished around the circumference of the pot to level the cola heights. This opens up the canopy and gives me the opportunity to inspect the nodes and identify any growth that I'll want to get rid of moving forward. I water a little more than a gallon every 2 - 3 days. I'm maintaining 550 ppfd across the canopy. Keeping humidity at 68% and the Temp right around 78° F. Some new growth is getting tip-burn; no doubt from the castings that I should not have added at the beginning of the grow. As long as that doesn't worsen all should be well.

Attachments

• 20240618_095649.jpg
    20240618_095649.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Looking beautiful in there. I like the way ya do things.
Hot tips are just fine. Ya got no other yellowing. The cupping of the leaf. Ya think that to be light intensity?

Looking beautiful in there. I like the way ya do things.
Hot tips are just fine. Ya got no other yellowing. The cupping of the leaf. Ya think that to be light intensity?
Yes, I had to dial back the light a bit, as it's causing too much heat. This should straighten out soon.

Latest posts

Back