My first grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What light is best. I have a closet I can use. Odd measurements. 44 inches long and 34 inches wide.
Yeah, like @Hippie420 said the LEDs are the cooler choice. A 300w lamp would work well in that space. You'd need airflow and exhaust to vent somewhere.

Tents are nice to grow in if ya got the space. Id do some Google searches on grow room setups. It should give ya some ideas on closets. Some folks get pretty creative.

Are the new led lights sufficient to flower with?
I'm growing in a 2x4x6 tent. I use a MarsHydro tsl2000 led light that's 300 watts. I just finished first indoor crop of 3 plants with big dense flowers, check my grow journal. It was plenty of light for the area. 3 1/2 months veg to harvest. They run cooler, cheaper, and are effective. No brainer, imo

Ok Jan when I try it all I can see is edit. I'll look again. I can backspace and I tried to save but I have to, leave something when I save it or I get the error
Yep, that's the way it works. You can say something short like "Whoopsie" or even just a dot.

I was walking the dog this morning and look what I saw down the street. Picture is not great but it's for sure marijuana. I know it's three plants maybe the five were allowed. One hasn't started one looks like just started and one is budding good. You can make out the white tops of the buds. Cool sight.
IMG_20240819_064400925~2.jpg

I lived in Joliet 30 -40 miles south of Chicago for almost 40 years. Then moves to central Il after my kids watching a drug bust in my driveway. I used to park my personal vehicle on the edge of my drive so people would not use my drive as a turn around. I was at work. Kids were in the house and the neighbors kept any eye out u til I got home. The asshat the police were chasing drove over my grass and tried to hide behind my car. The neighbor called the cops when the saw the asshat park there. Arrests happened right in front of my children. I moved 2 weeks later.
I just noticed this Jan. Cool to have someone in my area. I live in Chicago and work here. A good day here is not getting shot. I guess we get use to the crime. I have some friends near palos hills with some land that let me enjoy the woods and the serenity. And plant the few plants I'm growing. I moved back from Florida five years ago. Great hearing from you Jan. A 25 year old was killed in front of seven 11 waiting on friends during COVID when only a few people let in at a time. Her friend locking his bike up and looked blood pouring from her mouth and she fell. Hit in the heart by a stray bullet. 12 noon. Crazy. The never found who fired the shot. I'll take snakes ticks and bears any day over the city. Thanks everyone for the response.

I was walking the dog this morning and look what I saw down the street. Picture is not great but it's for sure marijuana. I know it's three plants maybe the five were allowed. One hasn't started one looks like just started and one is budding good. You can make out the white tops of the buds. Cool sight.View attachment 360847
On the green balcony?

On the green balcony?
Yes if you look on the very right side of the green balcony u can see fan leaves on one that's not budding yet or is about to bud and in the middle you see white tops of buds. The tall one is a Christmas 🌲 tree shape and it has one center bud. I saw some plants last summer here and thought it looked like pot.next day the were moved. I just thought about it this morning and I saw these plants. I'm not telling anyone. Pot thieves are lower than low.

Yes if you look on the very right side of the green balcony u can see fan leaves on one that's not budding yet or is about to bud and in the middle you see white tops of buds. The tall one is a Christmas 🌲 tree shape and it has one center bud. I saw some plants last summer here and thought it looked like pot.next day the were moved. I just thought about it this morning and I saw these plants. I'm not telling anyone. Pot thieves are lower than low.
Yep I am surprised I have not lost any.

I'm sure there's some reading on when I should harvest. I like firm filled out sweet smelling females. Lol 😂 I had to go there. I hope you have a sense of humor.
Totally onboard..lol. in this world a smelly stanky female is acceptable and desired..lol. Odd bunch aren't we?

Plenty of harvest info on Google. Image searches will provide tones of examples. Kinda straight forward. That harvest window is open for a while. Ya just gotta decide what kinda buzz you prefer. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back