My first DWC bucket - Critical Jack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely, I can almost smell her!
SHe looks stunning and with up to 3 weeks to go you will have some serious bud on your hands there!
Oh, to go over old ground, an ec meter measures electrical conductivity, the higher the ec, the more soluble solids (nutes or other stuff) are in there.
Dibble refers to an old kids program from the UK in the 70's (showing my age) which was a sort of puppet thing about a village, the village cop was pc Dibble.
Peace
Woody

Week 7 of 12/12 update...

This has been a fun grow that has kept me in the grow room for many hours of just staring at this girl :D There should be 10 days until harvest so long as she reacts the same in hydro as in soil for maturation. The buds are the largest rock solid buds I have ever grown. The pics really do not do them justice for there size, well that and the fact that I am a terrible photographer :)

Here are a couple pics for today, I will add more before I chop.

View attachment 1-31-cjhydro1.JPG

View attachment 1-31-cjhydro2.JPG

Nice buds Warfish! :aok:
7 weeks and beautiful!!
i just cut at 6.5 weeks cause I got maintenance coming through :(
Can't wait to see your harvest/smoke report.... :watchplant:
:48:

I harvested her after 8 weeks and 2 days. She yielded about double of any girl I have ever grown before and with half the veg time, so I think it was a success for me as far as that goes. The smoke looks just super duper dank with monster size buds I expect to weigh in at around 3/4 oz per bud when dry (avg wet weight of each cola was 80-100 grams)
All in all I guess it looks to be well over half a pound of icky sticky. I will post some pics in the next few days when I get some good sunlight to show off the buds in. Some of them took on a touch of purple color at the end as well, which I didn't notice until after I got them out of the yellow light. I had a lot of leaf curling towards the end from light intensity, next time I try this I need to make sure I have more height to adjust my light upwards.

war she looks sick last time i checked in she was a baby hehe im very inpressed with your first DWC i see you hit them books hard m8 welll done

:postpicsworthless: Stop Teasing War........ Only joking am praying for sunshine.

I was never able to get any good detailed pics of the buds (I fail at photography) but here are a couple pics of some of the finished buds.

Was a fun grow for sure :) I think my final thoughts on hydro is that if I ever need to lessen my plant count I will jump all over it, as I can get 2-3 times per plant what I get in soil. But the soil grows are much more care free. I could water my soil and not touch it again for 8-9 days if I had to for vacation purposes or whatever, I just cannot do that with the simple hydro setup I have.

cjfinishedbud1.JPG

cjfinishedbud2.JPG

cjfinishedbud3.JPG

warfish said:
I was never able to get any good detailed pics of the buds (I fail at photography) but here are a couple pics of some of the finished buds.

Was a fun grow for sure :) I think my final thoughts on hydro is that if I ever need to lessen my plant count I will jump all over it, as I can get 2-3 times per plant what I get in soil. But the soil grows are much more care free. I could water my soil and not touch it again for 8-9 days if I had to for vacation purposes or whatever, I just cannot do that with the simple hydro setup I have.
Nice looking buds warfish! I've been thinking a lot about doing a DWC set up with a 20 tub and 6 plants, I currently get a bout an ounce per plant in a soil sea of green; can I expect 3 ounces per plant with hydro? Also, how long are you verging for your yields? How big are the plants?

Hey Warfish!!! I know i've been ghost for a while now... but I got a piece of info you might enjoy hearing.....
here goes...
story style...
back in '09.. summer nearing a 4th of July weekend.. had to go on a trip for 4 days... had a DWC going under 400 watts at that time that was 6 weeks into flower.. I had to do something... and it was on the fly...
down to it. I chose to unplug the 400w and keep a few flouros plugged in and on the same timer... so while I was gone, just a lil flouro light came on to keep the plants on the 12/12 cycle. and.. less lumens = slow growth, which = slow water uptake (due to light limitations).
less light, slowed photosynthesis.
end result: what was drinking half a gallon to a full gallon a day only drank a cup or two over four days.
I should post this in a thread called DWC stasis for weekend party trips... ?
anywho, this was my experience. only went four days, but I could see this working for up to a couple weeks...
Buds look tasty by the way. :aok: :48:

Thanks for the nice comments weedhopper, gixxerman, and ishnish :)

Gixxerman, I really don't have enough experience with hydro to say what your yields would be, although I would say that I think 6 plants in a 20 gallon tub would be setting up for a sea of green that is too packed. I ran one 5 gallon bucket, vegged her for 3.5 weeks after the clone showed roots, and ended up needing 3.5x3.5 feet area for the one girl. She yielded about 8 zips or a bit more under a 600w lamp. I will say that I did check her every single day to ensure the PH was dead on and water changed her about every 4-6 days all the way through in order to get the results I did.

Latest posts

Back