Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need help. F’in white flies moved in DE did nothing. Neem oil also nothing
IMG_8799.jpeg

A couple just went into flower from the power outage we had last week., The babies dont seem effected. I will take the flowering ones outside. Thanks Look like I need both
Only thing I've used in flower is Dr. Zymes.
Idk that I'd use pyganic in flower, it's supposed to be safe but I don't recommend it.

Remembering when I was a kid and being in 4-H. Since we always grew a large garden, Dad assigned 2 rows for each of us 3 siblings. In my rows, I grew green beans, peas, carrots and radishes. I had to weed, water and hoe my rows of vegetables, and raise them up to maturity.

Then I took the best looking green beans, all looking uniform in length and neatly arranged 10 of them on a plate and covered them in plastic wrap. I repeated the process for the peas, carrots and radishes, and put them in the fridge.

Mom would load all of the plates into cardboard boxes and carry them out to the station wagon. Then we all climbed in and headed to the County fair, and found the right area to set up the plates. They were judged and awarded blue, red, and white ribbons.

I also entered fresh homemade bread, zucchini bread, banana nut bread and peanut butter cookies.

I always got blue ribbons for my home grown vegetables and baked goods, and took pride in producing high quality veggies, breads and cookies.

Last edited:
Remembering when I was a kid and being in 4-H. Since we always grew a large garden, Dad assigned 2 rows for each of us 3 siblings. In my rows, I grew green beans, peas, carrots and radishes. I had to weed, water and hoe my rows of vegetables, and raise them up to maturity.

Then I took the best looking green beans, all looking uniform in length and neatly arranged 10 of them on a plate and covered them in plastic wrap. I repeated the process for the peas, carrots and radishes, and put them in the fridge.

Mom would load all of the plates into cardboard boxes and carry them out to the station wagon. Then we all climbed in and headed to the County fair, and found the right area to set up the plates. They were judged and awarded blue, red, and white ribbons.

I also entered fresh homemade bread, zucchini bread, banana nut bread and peanut butter cookies.

I always got blue ribbons for my home grown vegetables and baked goods, and took pride in producing high quality veggies, breads and cookies.
We had about 2.5 acres in vegetable garden, and I grew up with a hoe in my hand, but we just ate the veggies without any contests. I did learn some valuable lifes lessons from the experience however.

Regardless of how daunting the task, you remove the first weed and then the second, etc, and eventually you will end up at the last one.

If you do a shitty job removing the weeds, they will be back in short order with a vengeance, and you will be doing it over in short order.

Wear a hat and long sleeves in the sun and stay hydrated.

Currently 41, todays high 73 and tonight's low 44. Wishing I'd have been outdoors this year.
Been swamped at real work all year long and have still got to get third quarter turned in to the accountant.
Half the buttons on my keyboard don't work.

Good morning, Misfits. Guess who fell asleep on guard duty last night?
40 degrees with a hint of sunshine this morning. Much like GW, pretty much an open callender today. God save the locals and possibly the world. Idle hands are the Devil's workshop. Just kidding; there's so much to do around here it ain't funny. Only thing stopping me is lack of ambition. :)

Latest posts

Back