Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I retired I never had any sick days, vacation days or pto. I missed around 7 days in 20 years. I used to worry about losing my job for missing 1 day. There's not anyone that could just fill in. It wasn't until I retired that I realized if nobody could do my job for a day who could replace me. When I retired I went back to see how things were going. 3 people were now doing my job. I should have took more time off

If I'm really sick,,,which is not that often,,,I take off. If my job is no more secure than that,,I at my age will move on. To old for that bullshit.
I have a great job and I work for great ppl.Truth is,,even on my days off I get calls. I'm use to it. Plus I'm 5 mins from my Properties.😁
But like Yarddog,,,back in my younger days I felt the same way. I went to work sick many times because I had kids and a Wife to take care of and I couldn't afford to lose my job. Money was tight and jobs were sometimes hard to come by. So I get it brother.

Last edited:
My job would bend backwards to their employees. Main issue is money. I’m trying to get stuff paid down/off. Next year I have to sign up for short/long term disability insurance. Which pays 60% of your standard check. I got to get this back looked at. And I’m afraid I’ll be out for a month or so. They want to fuse L4 vertebrae I hope they don’t f it up. I’ll go to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville They are a top notch hospital. They hand pick their employees and pay them to relocate. Truly a world apart from your normal hospital where you catch an infection and die with a routine procedure.

Back is killing me. Dang I sure wrote some checks in my 20’s. Motorcycles. Like dope. Once you get a taste you hooked.
Me too brother, except it is my neck that I wrecked t-boning a car that abruptly turned point blank in front of me without signal. Now giving me more grief from spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, degenerative disc, etc, et al...............

Good luck with your procedure!

Me too brother, except it is my neck that I wrecked t-boning a car that abruptly turned point blank in front of me without signal. Now giving me more grief from spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, degenerative disc, etc, et al...............

Good luck with your procedure!
Pretty sure I have neck issues too. I have nerve numbness sometimes in my shoulder. And sometimes I move my neck a certain way and it hurts. I forgot about a dog leg turn. Was highly intoxicated. Lucky I lived. Woke up in a ditch pitch black.

I was scheduled for a neuro stimulator implant surgery on Saturday, but some kind of insurance problem has caused me to cancel for now. Back to being in pain all the time, until I get my insurance issue resolved and get the surgery rescheduled
Insurance is a bad joke anymore.

If I'm really sick,,,which is not that often,,,I take off. If my job is no more secure than that,,I at my age will move on. To old for that bullshit.
I have a great job and I work for great ppl.Truth is,,even on my days off I get calls. I'm use to it. Plus I'm 5 mins from my Properties.😁
But like Yarddog,,,back in my younger days I felt the same way. I went to work sick many times because I had kids and a Wife to take care of and I couldn't afford to lose my job. Money was tight and jobs were sometimes hard to come by. So I get it brother.
Me too don't miss those days.

20241002_155649.jpg
Been a member for 39 years. I was 14 when I cut my first plant.

My job would bend backwards to their employees. Main issue is money. I’m trying to get stuff paid down/off. Next year I have to sign up for short/long term disability insurance. Which pays 60% of your standard check. I got to get this back looked at. And I’m afraid I’ll be out for a month or so. They want to fuse L4 vertebrae I hope they don’t f it up. I’ll go to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville They are a top notch hospital. They hand pick their employees and pay them to relocate. Truly a world apart from your normal hospital where you catch an infection and die with a routine procedure.
Its a great feeling to have shit payed off.
I'm 68.
My Avalanche, Jag, Harley ,and Home are all payed off. Oh and my Wife's breasts. 😁
Took me years of hard work but and it was all worth it.
I will probably never stop working. I like money and options. Plus it keeps me in shape.

Its a great feeling to have shit payed off.
I'm 68.
My Avalanche, Jag, Harley ,and Home are all payed off. Oh and my Wife's breasts. 😁
Took me years of hard work but and it was all worth it.
I will probably never stop working. I like money and options. Plus it keeps me in shape.
Nice I was debt free until I retired and came here to help the folks. 😳

Latest posts

Back