Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Islanders. Got a call from my oldest friends wife to let me know if I wanted to see him again on this side of life to come up to the butchershop known as Hurley hospital. Sounds like he ain't gonna make it out of this one. Took every clot shot that's been out including the latest and greatest. Massive stroke and brain bleed has him in a coma in ICU. I tried to warn him, but he's a grown man and of the mindset that the "powers that be" are right and I am wrong. He'd be turning 70 in November. Still might. Doctors say no, but they're doctors, not God.

Good morning Islanders. Got a call from my oldest friends wife to let me know if I wanted to see him again on this side of life to come up to the butchershop known as Hurley hospital. Sounds like he ain't gonna make it out of this one. Took every clot shot that's been out including the latest and greatest. Massive stroke and brain bleed has him in a coma in ICU. I tried to warn him, but he's a grown man and of the mindset that the "powers that be" are right and I am wrong. He'd be turning 70 in November. Still might. Doctors say no, but they're doctors, not God.
Best of luck to your friend brother! Sending good thoughts to both of you.

Its funny Boo ,my Honeys nephew has two GSD one full grown and 9 months old.
His name is Ivan too!
She was callin him and they have a pic of him sleepin next to the older one ,head poped up and at his age all ears!
He is not a black one but also handsome AF as Ivan is.
The older one looks like Dutch too!
We have an old Black and Tan GSD that's pretty much gray everywhere now, and her eyes and hearing are getting weaker, almost by the day, it seems. She's been an awesome companion, especially for the kid, who's gonna have a tough time when the day comes. Kid was still a teen when we got her, and that dog helped her through a hard breakup.
What am I sayin', hard for her? Gonna be tough for all of us.

Though their loss is always hard, the joys they bring us far and away overwhelm and outweigh any grief when they pass after a long, loved life.

We have an old Black and Tan GSD that's pretty much gray everywhere now, and her eyes and hearing are getting weaker, almost by the day, it seems. She's been an awesome companion, especially for the kid, who's gonna have a tough time when the day comes. Kid was still a teen when we got her, and that dog helped her through a hard breakup.
What am I sayin', hard for her? Gonna be tough for all of us.

Though their loss is always hard, the joys they bring us far and away overwhelm and outweigh any grief when they pass after a long, loved life.
Amen on that.

I am starting to believe that our ability to experience joy is directly proportional to how much sadness we experience
I don't know about directly proportional, but I do believe that without sadness for perspective, joy is, or may be diminished.

I didn't realize how good I had it (joy?) until I lost almost every single decent part of it (sad).

Attachments

• 20230929_044721.jpg
    20230929_044721.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230929_045229.jpg
    20230929_045229.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230929_053737.jpg
    20230929_053737.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 🌷 🌷View attachment 342419

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
dogwalk.gif
snoopyhouse.gif

Cloudy with some sprinkles today, starting at 52F and predicted to reach 62F.

An open calendar today. Let the boundless joy, fortuitous festivities, and wanton debauchery begin............................................. ....
Yes please

Latest posts

Back