Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was deviceing a house I would smoke because its repetitive and somewhat mindless. But I use this philosophy " When I need a brain I refrain"
I could smoke during the creative portions of the project, but as an engineering program manager, my memory and math skills were important, and they seriously diminish when I'm rippidid..........................

Although sometimes I used it to help me study at night for nuclear qualification. Helped me focus and that sticky THC helped the information stick to my brain for the upcoming test
I think it improved my out of the box creativity, but my short-term memory suffers. If someone interrupts my line of thought, I can forget what we were talking about in the middle of a sentence, while still functioning normally otherwise.

Also ,when you are doing something not so pleasant ,who wants to be stoned? The day drags on ,its hot ! need a shower ,nothing to drink .
Now driving is a beautius thing .
I get bored easily so was usually stoned when remodeling our rentals. I replaced the plumbing and electrical, as well as hung sheet rock, but always brought in professional finishers to make it pretty.

I followed professionals' advice and also kept all the wiring and copper piping pretty, to keep the inspectors on my side.

Another reason that I didn't use as often while still working, is that I was subject to pee testing with an accident, a promotion, or change in insurance and was for two of those reasons. Fortunately, no industrial accidents and I had some warning on the other two.

Last edited:
I can do lots of things stoned but not numbers. I never smoked at work.....but I have been retired 13 years as of January 1, 2010....so I can smoke any time I want. Funny when I did my stretch in the military if I was awake I was stoned.
What was your Job ? In Army
Dont worry I am not trying to find you
I know where you live already

I get bored easily so was usually stoned when remodeling our rentals. I replaced the plumbing and electrical, as well as hung sheet rock, but always brought in professional finishers to make it pretty.

I followed professionals' advice and also kept all the wiring and copper piping pretty, to keep the inspectors on my side.

Another reason that I didn't use as often while still working, is that I was subject to pee testing with an accident, a promotion, or change in insurance and was for two of those reasons. Fortunately, no industrial accidents and I had some warning on the other two.
I am a plumbers son and fortunate to know both .When i have to work hard ,digging ,a service it is not enjoyable . But friday when I go over to my God daughters house and plop my ass on a chair and do all the switching and leave all the low receptacles for the young ones and have my Bro buy some magnanimous lunch when i work in his daughter's house I get heaviy adjusted .My Bro and I have smoked enough weed to cover a small to medium sized farm in the 46 years we are friends

I am a plumbers son and fortunate to know both .When i have to work hard ,digging ,a service it is not enjoyable . But friday when I go over to my God daughters house and plop my ass on a chair and do all the switching and leave all the low receptacles for the young ones and have my Bro buy some magnanimous lunch when i work in his daughter's house I get heaviy adjusted .My Bro and I have smoke enough weed to cover a small to medium sized farm in the 46 years we are friends
I paid a professional to install the new service from the pole to the box and did the distribution myself. It was all done under the same permit.

One drawback or advantage, depending on how you look at it, when you're handy you have ample opportunities to help friends and family, who in turn reciprocate in one form or another. I once wired a panel for a professional chef/magician friend, that subsequently provided a professional dinner for us and a couple friends, which included magic acts.

Latest posts

Back