is this a good Light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
this is an ad i found for a light. it's everything i need i think but why would he be selling it so cheap, and is it possible something could be wrong with it that i couldn't tell from looking at it, or turning it on for a few minutes.

the ad -

""I have an excellent Hydrofarm Luminaire system with an MH conversion bulb. The reflector is very lightweight and the cords are long. Send me your number and I will call as soon as I can.""
01010001040801161420080624bdf8dd1ee20d62a277007973.jpg
010105011507011604200806245dda426186f1bd07d3008776.jpg
01151201160501030920080624d071fa5012491df1ae009ce5.jpg
01010301150101161220080624136496caa04bb59fe7005087.jpg

maybe he wasnt doing to well and wants to make Some money back on it..How much does he want??.When buying equipment from private sellers there really isnt a guarantee and I wouldnt trust it...Like the saying goes
"You Get What You Pay For"

ya im assuming its been used because the guy is selling it.

and he's selling it for $100

Just because it is inexpensive does not mean that it is not a decent light--I find good buys all the time.

I wonder why you cannot contact this person yourself directly--why do you need to leave a phone number and he will get back to you???

i can i just haven't yet because i wanted to know if this was a good deal or not, like not missing anything.. and i cant tell if that is a ballist in the one picture of if i would have to buy it myself. so i wanted to get all this info before i called him and potentially got taken advantage of.

Yes, that is the ballast in the picture. I would absolutely have him fire up both bulbs to make sure everything works.

The ad says, ""I have an excellent Hydrofarm Luminaire system with an MH conversion bulb. The reflector is very lightweight and the cords are long. Send me your number and I will call as soon as I can.""...Do you have to send him your number or is there a phone number for the seller with the ad?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes, that is the ballast in the picture. I would absolutely have him fire up both bulbs to make sure everything works.

The ad says, ""I have an excellent Hydrofarm Luminaire system with an MH conversion bulb. The reflector is very lightweight and the cords are long. Send me your number and I will call as soon as I can.""...Do you have to send him your number or is there a phone number for the seller with the ad?

it says in the ad after that, that i would have to send him my number, is that bad?

jeffca said:
it says in the ad after that, that i would have to send him my number, is that bad?

Well, I would be a little leery of this. This person is trying to sell something, why wouldn't he give his number out to you. I never want anyone knowing too much of my private business. I would guess that the vast majority of HID lights like this that are sold are for the purpose of growing MJ. How do you know this isn't some kind of stupid LEO set-up to try and discover who is buying HID lighting?

I don't think that I am a paranoid person, but it is hard to be too careful.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Well, I would be a little leery of this. This person is trying to sell something, why wouldn't he give his number out to you. I never want anyone knowing too much of my private business. I would guess that the vast majority of HID lights like this that are sold are for the purpose of growing MJ. How do you know this isn't some kind of stupid LEO set-up to try and discover who is buying HID lighting?

I don't think that I am a paranoid person, but it is hard to be too careful.

i'm in the process of getting a mm card. if i have one they couldn't do anything right? im in ca.

is LEO some sort of marijuana task force?

jeffca said:
i'm in the process of getting a mm card. if i have one they couldn't do anything right? im in ca.

is LEO some sort of marijuana task force?

If you are in possession of a card, you will be okay. This looks like a good light, so if it works, I'd get it for $100

LEO is an generic type acronym for Law Enforcement Officer.

Latest posts

Back