Hello! New to the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been in it long enough to remember when you you OG's were selling "Lids".. I don't think I ever got a definitive answer to exactly how much a lid was along with 2 finger, 3 finger and 4 finger bags. I can date myself.. A lid was 30 bucks of regular brick weed, 45 for Red Point, Santa Marta and Columbian Gold. A couple years into it, every now and then a Lid of Sincy came around for 90.
How much did a Lid weigh? haha.

I remember when loads of weed were brought up the Mississippi River, then down the Missouri River (about 10 miles from my house), and there would be bales of weed that got lost in the water and found on the banks by fishing folks. We called it "dirt weed", because the muddy water dried out and left a dusty deposit. Usually Colombian

I remember when loads of weed were brought up the Mississippi River, then down the Missouri River (about 10 miles from my house), and there would be bales of weed that got lost in the water and found on the banks by fishing folks. We called it "dirt weed", because the muddy water dried out and left a dusty deposit. Usually Colombian
Free weed is free weed!

I been in it long enough to remember when you you OG's were selling "Lids".. I don't think I ever got a definitive answer to exactly how much a lid was along with 2 finger, 3 finger and 4 finger bags. I can date myself.. A lid was 30 bucks of regular brick weed, 45 for Red Point, Santa Marta and Columbian Gold. A couple years into it, every now and then a Lid of Sincy came around for 90.
How much did a Lid weigh? haha.
I'll date myself. A nickel bag wat five bucks and seven grams, a dime bag was ten bucks and a 14 grams, a lid was rare, and that was fifteen bucks and 21 grams, and a $20 bag was an ounce (28 grams).
In Florida, they called 'em square groupers.

You know, trying to smoke that dirt weed in the 70's makes me grateful that I learned our wonderful craft - from the various growing mediums available, seed selection, lighting options, etc. I also remember reading Ed Rosenthal"s "Ask Ed" in High Times magazine... 😁

My friend in Oklahoma picked up a couple of $5 ounces (bud/trim) and I found a number of seeds in them. The Apple Sundae (just put in the tent) and LA Kush are two such strains. I am popping one of the LA Kush seeds now, along with 2 UNK strains and a new seed from the Sleepy Joe OG that I just harvested. I want to ramp up production, placing 4 in the tent at a time.

Latest posts

Back