First photo grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've grown for 20yrs, have never owned any meters. I used to take my tap water to a pool supply store, they test if for free and tell you everything that is inside your water and how to get it to neutral.. my last place the water was pretty good, park had it's own filtration system.... so just using a Britta Filter made my water perfect for plants....
If you grow on a small scale, only 4 to 8 plants to water.... this is one of the best ways to give your plants good clean water... Britta Filter, or even better.. Zero Water filter. both come in pictures for easy drinking.. fill it a few times using supplied filter, pour into gallon milk jug add foods... walla. works awesome.

Currently all I do, fill water jugs, leave cap off so chlorine types evaporate away in between waterings...
I get it Carty. Clean water, but for some reason my tap works fine in the jacks mix. I guess I'm just putting faith in the product to do it's job. It has so far so why purchase anything else?

This growing game is so full of different approaches. One could spend a small fortune to get things dialed in. Or they can go simple and basic. We make a plan. If it works we do it again and again.

I have a friend on another site. Excellent grower with so much knowledge it blows my mind. We had a rough start. He was very critical of my methods. By the end of my last grow he realized that we all do things different and growing outside the norm can be done.

Your one of those old growers I read a lot of. I read all you posts here and other sites. Do I agree with it all..No. but ya can't deny experience and it should be read. Ya help out a lot of folks here. Me included.

Oh yeah, they are coming around nicely. I don't really see a calcium def but it does not hurt to use the calmag and keep it good. If your using the cal mag liquids I'd not add more Epsom like Carty said.
Epsom is a great thing but like anything to much is not good.
I control Epsom and calcium in my grows with Jack's. Some use the liquids. All good no matter what route ya take.

I'm excited to see ya making it happen mate. This is a nice grow.
Thanks gents. I took all bad leaves off last night when defoliating, for the flip on Friday. They’re definitely coming along now getting a nicer green to them. I’ve only added Epsom the once so won’t be adding again. Is it best to add calmag every feeding or once a week.

Thanks gents. I took all bad leaves off last night when defoliating, for the flip on Friday. They’re definitely coming along now getting a nicer green to them. I’ve only added Epsom the once so won’t be adding again. Is it best to add calmag every feeding or once a week.
I always added it every time with the liquid. I believe it was 1tsp per gal. It's pretty good preventive medicine getting a dose with each watering.

I always added it every time with the liquid. I believe it was 1tsp per gal. It's pretty good preventive medicine getting a dose with each watering.
Agree, I use it every feed. I mix up 4 gallons at a time and use about 10ml total. I've been using spring water indoors, just because there's a spring convenient to my house. Outside stuff gets it straight from the garden hose. In my guerrilla grows, I always used river water.

Latest posts

Back