First photo grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas81

Reaction score
Good evening all.
So I’ve decided to try photo period seeds, I’ve got fem runts muffin from Barneys. Put in root riot plugs on the 21st May popped above ground 24th, put in solo cups 26th using bio all mix soil until final transplant then I’ll be using miracle grow with added perlite just as I’ve been given 100L. Only been giving them plain water 6.3ph, got enough food in soil until 2/3 weeks into flower. Up potted today 6th June. I’m also thinking i may have stunted them with to much light, I’ve currently got autos in there with 2/3 weeks left.

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpeg
    IMG_4226.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4227.jpeg
    IMG_4227.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Start of week 3 they’re all look healthy, they looked a bit sad yesterday after being up potted, looking much happier now. I put some plant magic granules in and around the hole. All roughly same growth and height, removed small and first bladed leaves as up potted. Other than that nothing else to report.

Attachments

• IMG_4233.jpeg
    IMG_4233.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4232.jpeg
    IMG_4232.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4231.jpeg
    IMG_4231.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Start of week 3 they’re all look healthy, they looked a bit sad yesterday after being up potted, looking much happier now. I put some plant magic granules in and around the hole. All roughly same growth and height, removed small and first bladed leaves as up potted. Other than that nothing else to report.
Nice

Looks good in there. The new generation is coming right along. Nice job.

Them autos look good. Not to long to go. Ya ever use Epsom on them in that MG?

Looks good in there. The new generation is coming right along. Nice job.

Them autos look good. Not to long to go. Ya ever use Epsom on them in that MG?
The runts are looking great, they’re in some bio all mix just now so no need to feed yet. I was going to buy more all mix, my brother had 4 50L bags off MG he wasn’t needing so gifted me 2 bags. I’ve never used MG although my mates have had great results I’ll be adding Epsom when they are in final pots and 10% perlite, which they don’t add. They said no need for perlite I said different so we’ll see the difference. I’ve also added plant magic granules (advice from this great community)in potting hole when up potting, they asked why I say it helps the roots accumulate to the new soil instantly.

As for the autos they’re coming along strawberry and banana, gorilla zkittles from fast buds and a mystery 3rd. All planted into final pots using 50-50 bio light and all mix.

Start off week 3 looking a bit sad but healthy freshly watered this morning hence the sad look.

Attachments

• IMG_4256.jpeg
    IMG_4256.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4252.jpeg
    IMG_4252.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4254.jpeg
    IMG_4254.jpeg
  • IMG_4255.jpeg
    IMG_4255.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4257.jpeg
    IMG_4257.jpeg
  • IMG_4258.jpeg
    IMG_4258.jpeg
  • IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
  • IMG_4260.jpeg
    IMG_4260.jpeg
  • IMG_4261.jpeg
    IMG_4261.jpeg
  • IMG_4262.jpeg
    IMG_4262.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Start off week 3 looking a bit sad but healthy freshly watered this morning hence the sad look.
They look good to me. I just pluck off the yellow ones and keep on feeding or watering on the schedule your girls tell you.

Thought I’d just add notes to the thread.

21st May
Put 5 runts muffin into riot plugs.

24th May
All 5 have popped above ground.

26th May
All 5 have been put in solo cups with 5ml per ltr off root it.

28th May
All 5 looking good and same size, gave 40ml of 6.4 phd water.

29th May
All watered with 6.4 ph. Nothing to report.

1st June
All watered with 6.4 ph, all looking healthy.

3rd June
Watered 80ml of ph 6.3.

6th June
Up potted today to 3l pots and watered in ph 6.3. Added plant magic granules to holes.

10th June
Gave 500ml plain 6,3ph water

12th June
Watered watered 500ml 6.3ph

16th June
watered 500ml at 6.3ph

18th June
Watered with 500ml ph 6.3.

20th June
Noticed a little yellowing to bottom leaves on one off them, so gave a little boost off jacks 20.20.20. Food must be running out going to up pot in a couple days. Noticing different growth in a few of them, bottom branches are nearly as big as main stem and others are short branching.

22nd June
Start off week 4. Up potted from 3L to 25L today, used plant magic granules in potting holes and a good watering with 6.4ph. Looking a bit sad see how they respond by tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4282.jpeg
    IMG_4282.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4281.jpeg
    IMG_4281.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4280.jpeg
    IMG_4280.jpeg
  • IMG_4279.jpeg
    IMG_4279.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4278.jpeg
    IMG_4278.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4277.jpeg
    IMG_4277.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Question, I’ve been up potting week 2 then week 4 so not gave them calmag, do I add calmag next watering or in 2 weeks time.
I'd be starting them on it soon. The liquid types work fine. I usually start throwing the calcium nitrate and Epsom at them in early veg.
The plants need more calcium and mag in flower.

I add cal mag 1 tsp per 2 gal + Jacks every watering after 4 weeks. I could be wrong though.
That's a little on the lite side with the calmag but hey if it's working work it. I like the calcium nitrate. Gives a good dose of calcium and nitrate N. A lot of folks don't like that extra N in the mix but I've not seen any problem with it.

I ride the high end of near N toxicity in my grows with Jack's. As long as my hot tips aren't turning crispy and folding under I'm good..lol

Latest posts

Back