first grow advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scream

Reaction score
well im a strong believer in the saying "start how you mean to go on" so i've jumped in with both feet.. the equipment i have bought so far is

6 x 600w hps lights
2 x 8" fans and filters
1 x 5" fan and filter
1 x 4" fan and filter
1 x 125w envirolite and shade
1 x 110w t5 light
2 x 1.2m tents for veg areas
im using cutting and seedling soil to start then bio bizz with added perlite for flowering
bio bizz grow and bloom with canna boost and pk 13/14

i have a few seedlings growing now but im waiting for my second parcel of seeds to come (hopefully tomorrow) to get this show started.
i was thinking about putting a 100 plants in there and keeping them small so far i have germed

og raskals white s1
og raskals white fire fems (fire og kush x the white)
og raskals white bubba feminised (pre 98b bubba x the white)
ppsco alienberry (alien dog x grapefruit x blueberry)
dj shorts vanillaluna
ppsco cardiac arrrest (sr71 purple kush x lemon thai sativa)

i am waiting for

ppsco blue master kush (socal master kush x grapefruit x blueberry)
ppsco black cherry kush (black rose x cherry ak x og bx)
ppsco eclipse (moondawg x lemon thai sativa)
og raskals kksc x white fems (kyle kushman strawberry cough x the white)

i copied n pasted these from my order , do you think these will be any good? it was my first time buying seeds and i was recommended these by a friend of a friend who grows.

any advice , critisisms (not sure how to spell that) etc will be warmly welcomed

thanks , seems like you have a really nice website here

scream

thats one hell of a load ya plannin on for ya first grow there.

but hey welcome to the forum.
sorry no experience in large scale here
also i think 2-3 1000 watt lights woudl give you more bang for ya buck tahn 6-600 watters i woudl think and for less power consumtion as well. also less to rig up an less equipment to have running in room.

sorry not much help but welcome to forum. notice your new, and good luck to ya :48:

welcome to MP... like zip said thats one heck of a setup you have started, i am not very experienced but there are MANY here that are, one suggestion i would give would be to add some info on your grow area's dimmensions so the guru's here can figure if you have enough venting for your lights, enough light for your area, etc... some nice sounding strains your waiting for... also if you start a grow journal ppl can follow your grow and help with tips/suggestions... i'll subscribe, will be looking to see how that shapes up! good luck and lots of green mojo for you and your babies :)

thanks, i was going to use 1000 watters but i had such a good deal on the 600's i couldnt say no :)

sundancer245 said:
welcome to MP... like zip said thats one heck of a setup you have started, i am not very experienced but there are MANY here that are, one suggestion i would give would be to add some info on your grow area's dimmensions so the guru's here can figure if you have enough venting for your lights, enough light for your area, etc... some nice sounding strains your waiting for... also if you start a grow journal ppl can follow your grow and help with tips/suggestions... i'll subscribe, will be looking to see how that shapes up! good luck and lots of green mojo for you and your babies :)
thankyou sundancer, the room i'll be flowering in is 12m2 . will definitely be getting a journal going but for now heres a pretty white bubba seedling and a picture of the finished plant , if mine come out looking half as good as this i'll be very happy

the other pic is a clone ive had given to me called skunkva chem 91

bad 002.jpg

100_1362.jpg

white bubba.jpg

IMO, the 600W over the 1000W is a good decision. However, why do you think you need to start so big? I would advise starting way smaller. There is far more to this than just sticking some seeds in dirt and putting light over them. I can not even imagine learning to grow with such a large grow and all those different strains.

when i learned to drive i got the biggest car i could find so i'd never be scared to drive any car and i kind of thought the same here, plus ive got my other half to help me and a close friend who uses 10 and 20 light rooms on hand if i get in any real trouble.
thanks for stopping in :)

now thats the way you start things those are great strains very good genetics

scream said:
when i learned to drive i got the biggest car i could find so i'd never be scared to drive any car and i kind of thought the same here, plus ive got my other half to help me and a close friend who uses 10 and 20 light rooms on hand if i get in any real trouble.
thanks for stopping in :)

I learned to drive a large car also (but I learned to drive in the mid 60s when all we had were boat cars)--this is not even remotely the same.

Unless you are growing legally, you have already made the biggest mistake you can--others know about your grow. But my real question was: Why do you need this much?

Man, your light bill is gonna be stupid. I'm running about a 3rd of what you're gonna swing and I'm putting out 7 bills each and every month.

And like THG says, I hope you're legal--I'd hate to have to vouch for that sorta excessive power consumption.

Either way, the best of luck and peace to you.

Welcome!

Everyone here wishes you well and will help you out in any way we can..

I say this out of care and concern for ya and your grow:

Why not use a just a couple 600w to get started and grow a couple of cycles?

if you have separate veg and flower areas you can do that in 3-4 months max..

you can get a feel for everything from: how to grow with your particular system (DWC, E&F, whatever..) to how your electric bill will be...

I only say this because you want to have a successful relatively easy grow your first few times around...not struggle when a lot is on the line...

comparing this to driving a car is not a very accurate comparison...

it's more like: would you try to do minor surgery with absolutely no practice? That's a little more apt...

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but just think about it...

If you can spare it, a few months of growing in a small "focused" way will do wonders..

I can't stress enough though, whatver you decide to do, I wish you success and hope to see you around the forums with questions and pics:)

sounds like you've got your work cut out for you.
You picked out some really dank strains...
so make sure to start a journal so we all can follow along.

Good luck and Green mojo to you... You happened on to a great site for helpful guidence.

Is it legal to have 100 plants at one time anywhere??? Sounds like way too much in my opinion to....but your going to do what your going to do. I don't know why anyone would need to grow this much at once...except for greed? I'm not calling you greedy...before you get all bent out of shape, just curious to know why to go so big? You are going to have your hands full, and have just taken on another full time job...you will need the help...heck you may even need to hire some migrant workers to help you out...lol Good Luck to you, your going to need it. BTW...really nice genetic choices!

hey all i appreciate your concern sincerely but we have decided to go this route so that we dont have to grow all year. as for people who know apart from you lot its only me my hubby and our friend from school days who grows as well.

i really do thankyou all for showing so much interest though its good to see caring people on the net all to often on chat sites and forums you see a lot of keyboard warriors, nice to see this place is different.

i should have said in the beginning i do have a lot of experience with plants just not these ones. the reason i decided to grow in the first place was because my friend was away for four weeks so i kept an eye on his grow for him , pretty easy really as most of it is automated but when he got back he was expecting the worst and it turned out he had the best harvest he's ever had. im sure a lot of you think ive bitten off more than i can chew and im not being rude or arrogant or anything but we'll see soon enough, i personally think i'll manage fine and maybe even shock a few of you.

i hope so anyway

g'luck mate, tbh once you know what your doing it's fine but as soon as you hit a problem thats when you have to get your brain in to gear and start doing various tests. Keeping an eye over all them plants is going to be hard work, green mojo to you for trying.

p.s. With all that power my first bit of advice is to make sure the electrics are done WELL. If that goes wrong on that sorta scale you won't be losing a few plants, mostly likely the building, your clean record and a lot of money in equipment.. I'd also say the same for pest control, only in that you could lose a lot of croppage if you don't keep an eye on it.

Also bearing in mind if your not doing it legal, thats a lot of soil and stems etc to dispose of with each cylce, you got that sorted? only giving you a few things to think about, I was going to do a similar size grow a while back but the logistics just got out of hand. G'luck tho :)

scream said:
hey all i appreciate your concern sincerely but we have decided to go this route so that we dont have to grow all year. as for people who know apart from you lot its only me my hubby and our friend from school days who grows as well.

i really do thankyou all for showing so much interest though its good to see caring people on the net all to often on chat sites and forums you see a lot of keyboard warriors, nice to see this place is different.

i should have said in the beginning i do have a lot of experience with plants just not these ones. the reason i decided to grow in the first place was because my friend was away for four weeks so i kept an eye on his grow for him , pretty easy really as most of it is automated but when he got back he was expecting the worst and it turned out he had the best harvest he's ever had. im sure a lot of you think ive bitten off more than i can chew and im not being rude or arrogant or anything but we'll see soon enough, i personally think i'll manage fine and maybe even shock a few of you.

i hope so anyway

You may have bitten off more than you can chew, but it'll be a fun meal!

I don't think you are arrogant, just ambitious...nuttin wrong with that...

but before you begin your endeavor, I have to echo the electricity and pest sentiment....

without those two elements of your grow dialed in, you won't be able to automate anything....

GET SOME PICS UP!!...

let's see what you're rollin with:)

BTW, I gave you great advice earlier, but, honestly, if it were me, I would probably end up going for it too...I just didn't want to influence your decision..

:)

theres not a lot to see at the moment as they are all quite small. im hoping to get a few larger plants gifted to me tommorow so might have something to put into flower sooner than i thought. if i do i will definitely take pictures as they sound amazing

lmao these peeps are tripping just set your equip up and everything will come natural just dont forget to water

Latest posts

Back