First Closet Grow!! Day 12, How's the setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanx newbud, been messin with the damb thing all day. I'll get a pic of it somehow, I keep movin it all over but i cant get my cam to focus good enough. I'll get one for ya'll. The new little formation is long on one side of the plant and like a seed formation on the other, but it's still in its very early stages so i'll let you know. Fairly sure its a female though.

SEED LOOKING? Plz dont be balls...
Dunno mate, its really not worth any guesses without a pic.
Its a girl tho cos the weed fairy just told me;) ...
Hmmm, time for my meds i think lol

hello all, this is the 35th day of my first closet grow. I am under 5 100w equivalent cfls. they seem to be doing alright for the $33 it took to buy wire and build. anyhow, this is day 35 as i said 14 days into flower, have small preflowers on both plants now however still to small to tell. I am under the impresion that they are female though, tried to get some pictures however camera will still not focus. I beleive female because even though they are small balls sort of the tops are open, waiting to see if white pistols emerge. let me know what you think.

100_2226.JPG

100_2227.JPG

100_2228.JPG

100_2229.JPG

100_2230.JPG

100_2231.JPG

100_2233.JPG

100_2234.JPG

They look well man, damn that camera lol.
Would it work if you put a magnifying glass in front of camera lens?
Seem healthy though not bad for 5 house bulbs eh?
Good man :)

FEMALES!!!!! thanks newbud, tried the maginfying glass that just made it worse. they'll be big enough for a pic soon. finally, this morning i have a white pistol. i was woried because i have flowers however they were very small and they looked like balls, however they were opened up at the tips so i doubted they could be seed formations. now i know for sure, besides the white pistol, they stink. grew an inch last night had to raise my lights when i woke up. lookin good, keep and eye out next wed. for that 42 day update.

Newbud said:
Its a girl tho cos the weed fairy just told me;) ...

Told ya that she told me she blessed you with girls.
Get used to moving that light they will probably grow like mad now lol.

lol, thaks bud. yea, i hope they do i'll keep the journal updated, keep an eye out.

hello all, this is day 42 of my first closet grow. I was stressin on the sex for a bit, but they are female 100% no doubt about it. When I look in my closet I feel like i'm lookin at someone elses. Here are some pics what do ya'll think? Oh, I have a light question. I have equivalent of 500w in my space however the cfl's only throw optimal light at about 3", should i get some more cfl's in there or maybe hang some toward the bottom of the plant? Any suggestions? Anyhow let me know.:D

100_2241.JPG

100_2242.JPG

100_2243.JPG

100_2244.JPG

100_2245.JPG

100_2248.JPG

100_2249.JPG

Get a hps ya tight wad :laugh:

Erm not really up on the cfl's i ruled em out for me but sounds like you will struggle for light in lower canopy so i'd be tempted to go for fluorescent tubes round the sides.

i would love an hps, however its just not in my card right now. should i add more cfl's.

thanks, thedon. how many do you think i should add? and also, should i try to get them toward the bottom and middle of plant or should i just add them to the top? not to costly however, the heat was an issue not to long back.

grow is looking nice jayreef, I would say get some supplementary light below the canopy. That will help with the penetration issue with CFL's. Have you checked out MentalPatients CFL grow. He has a good example of surrounding the plants with light!

Check it out and good luck!!! :D

looking good jayreef!
but as the others said, you'll want a hps for flowering,
time to save up and get a 400w at least,
but you can flower with cfl's with no prob's,
but when it comes to light, and more you put in the more you get out,
get a second hand hps and with the extra bud you'll get form it, you can sell an oz and make the cost of the hps back many times!

hey a question, if the weather is right the sun would be the best thing for them right?

hello all, moved the plants outside for a bit today. Starting to light train them for the move outside. The sun is nice, and the weather mild. Anyhow, I figure the sun is better than any bulb i can get so what can it hurt? is is better light for them? Here are some pics.

100_2241.JPG

100_2242.JPG

100_2243.JPG

100_2244.JPG

100_2245.JPG

it of course is much better lighting.
The sun puts like around 10,000 lumens PSF around us. (i hear)
And thats after travelling like a LONG way to get here...
so yeah its definitly better lighting, just ask someone who knows
what the proper times to keep it out there for is

Back