Finiky HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingerzz

Reaction score
I have a 400 watt HPS and the damn thing seems to turn off when i touch it. Half the times when i move it to raise the lights, it will go out. It just went out and now i cant get it back on, and i know it didnt blow out. Do i have a broken ballast or has anyone else had problems with this, and if so any advice?

When a bulb is getting old and worn out, it will go on and off as you say. How old is your bulb?

But you may have some bad connections somewhere.

6 months old or so, it used to turn back on when i would tap the light a few times

could be a wiring problem,short circuit maybe?

I had a similar issue with the one I just bought. It turned out to be the socket. The center conector was too far down and the bulb never made contact. I just lifted it up a bit to make contact and now it works great. I'd start there if not you can always push it back down.

unseenghost said:
I had a similar issue with the one I just bought. It turned out to be the socket. The center conector was too far down and the bulb never made contact. I just lifted it up a bit to make contact and now it works great. I'd start there if not you can always push it back down.

+1
They make a product called bulb grease, get it at the auto parts store,
as somtimes the bulbs need just a little extra twist and the will stay on.
Also aids in the removal of the bulb as the often 'get stuck'.

Latest posts

Back