Aqua Globes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandolay

Band!
Reaction score
I bought 4 of those aqua globes at the fleamarket today to water my plants while we're gone on vacation in Dec. I'm going to start testing them with my satori clones which have been repotted from hempy bucket/hydroton to soil.

Anyone ever try these things?

I'm also wondering, if they were set at the height of the hole in the hempy bucket, whether they would buy a few days without watering? I love the hempy buckets except for the daily watering they require.

Hi Art...

I dunno... they look like trinkets more than anything useful but who knows? :confused2: Let us know if they work. I grew with hydroponics for years before I switched to soil and with all my pumps and gadgets around I put them to use with an automated watering system. You can set up a small submersible pump in a reservoir of agua and put together a watering system with inexpensive irrigation black hose from Home Depot. Raindrip is a common brand... All it takes is a piece of 5/8" black hose to go from the pump to near your plants and you install however many 1/4" black hoses to the 5/8" hose that functions as a 'manifold.' Make all the feeding hoses the same length for consistent feeding to each site. You'll need an end cap for the 5/8" hose and as many barb connectors and hose for however many plants you need to water and you won't need any drip emitters. I've found emitters can plug up and I've never had the end of a 1/4 hose plug... They have little plastic pieces that hold the hose an inch or so above the medium. Dialing in on the feed cycle takes some experimenting once you get it all setup. Depending on the flow rate of whatever pump that's used, a one or two minute cycle on a dig timer (w/battery backup!;)) will probably be enough. If you have a little pump with a flow control valve on it it's very useful when dialing in your feed cycles...

Have a good time on vacation!:cool:

I gave some to my daughter for houseplants. She said they work real good. I dont know how long they water a plant tho. Will ask her. Good luck with them. I do not grow indoor because we leave for two three four days a lot in the winter......and DirtySouth has a very good idea there. I have drip set up outside and never considered using it downstairs before.

The first time I saw these globes in person I was shocked at how small they were...

dirtyolsouth said:
Hi Art...

I dunno... they look like trinkets more than anything useful but who knows? :confused2: Let us know if they work. I grew with hydroponics for years before I switched to soil and with all my pumps and gadgets around I put them to use with an automated watering system. You can set up a small submersible pump in a reservoir of agua and put together a watering system with inexpensive irrigation black hose from Home Depot. Raindrip is a common brand... All it takes is a piece of 5/8" black hose to go from the pump to near your plants and you install however many 1/4" black hoses to the 5/8" hose that functions as a 'manifold.' Make all the feeding hoses the same length for consistent feeding to each site. You'll need an end cap for the 5/8" hose and as many barb connectors and hose for however many plants you need to water and you won't need any drip emitters. I've found emitters can plug up and I've never had the end of a 1/4 hose plug... They have little plastic pieces that hold the hose an inch or so above the medium. Dialing in on the feed cycle takes some experimenting once you get it all setup. Depending on the flow rate of whatever pump that's used, a one or two minute cycle on a dig timer (w/battery backup!;)) will probably be enough. If you have a little pump with a flow control valve on it it's very useful when dialing in your feed cycles...

Have a good time on vacation!:cool:

Wow. I'm going to read this 5 more times and then PM some questions :). Maybe something like this would let me go back to hempy buckets :hubba:. Thanks, MVP!

Hamster Lewis said:
The first time I saw these globes in person I was shocked at how small they were...

Yes, I bought 2 for each bucket :hubba:

tcbud said:
I gave some to my daughter for houseplants. She said they work real good. I dont know how long they water a plant tho. Will ask her. Good luck with them. I do not grow indoor because we leave for two three four days a lot in the winter......

Thanks, tc :). I'm just looking for 5-6 days of watering.

ha i saw those things the other day in home depot let me know if they work

I bought some so I can water my plants without disturbing my layer of diatomaceus earth to kill my gnat problem. Tell you how they work when I try it.

Latest posts

Back