My first plant(2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can you see a tulip shaped pod at the base of the pistil(hair)? There should be 2 hairs, and they should be coming out of the pod... you should know exactly what you are looking for since you have calyxes on your other plants.

cheers on the triplets!

sMACk

Well, that first pic looks really girlie to me. I can see the 2 white hairs quite clearly. Watch out for hermies though.

hey SBS :ciao: . . . I can't tell what you have circled there in the first pic, but the second and third look very familiar . . . that plant looks exactly like a couple of my clones . . . the ones that I cut from plants when they were already two weeks into flowering . . . it's reverting back to a vegetative growth pattern . . . see, it's got three-finger leaves below and now single-finger leaves at the top, and every little node keeps popping out a calyx . . . no worries about the pistils drying up, that looks perfectly normal for a revegging clone :cool2:

jm2c :48:

That's the weird thing. It's been in 24/0 80% of it's life from seed, though, it has finally been put under the right amount of light and color spectrum.

I LST'd it because it wasn't topped like the other one was. Any Idea on why the leaves are still 3 finger leaves? The sativa one has 9 finger leaves all over the place.

Hemp, can a plant hermie during veg?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Well, that first pic looks really girlie to me. I can see the 2 white hairs quite clearly. Watch out for hermies though.

you using binocs or something? those might as well be stipules, you can't see a calyx at the base, which would obviously be a dead giveaway.

Bullet-
when was the plant not under 24hr light cycle?

I think a plant can herm at any point that it could display sexual maturity or preflowers.

sMACk

There is a calyx at the bottom you just cant see it in the picture. They just formed yesterday and are getting little bigger.

I havent spotted any "nanners" on any of the plants yet.

The plant was started as a seedling outside and grew it's first two sets of leaves outside under 13hrs of light so probably the first week or two. I'll try to get a better picture of it later this evening.

hmmm well that definitely should not cause it to start to flower or need to reveg... strange...

any ideas Dan K or Hemp?

maybe someone is growin near you and you dont even know it and they pollinated your plant some how!! haha not likely but all I can think of!

sMACk

Theres a few questionable houses on my street that i only see people at once every 3other days or so only for a few hours their yard is usually unkept may just be lazy people or a foreclosed home can a preflower produce a seed? I'm still unsure of the third plant though i may be seeing the calyx (could just be very new growth too ). It's the runt of the three so i havent put a pic up of it yet i may not even keep it around since the other two are going to have nearly a 2.5-3month veg before i get the equip to flower them.

Oh another question. Since this veg cycle will be extremely long (about another month) do you think my plant will get root bound in a 3 gallon pot? I'm thinking about only keeping around the two biggest plants out of the 3 and flowering them in the room. I would be able to fit two 5 gallon buckets in my space I'm not sure about 3.

I can't wait until mine start showing their sex like that! Maybe they will soon with the new lights. Looks good SBS! Hope u get everything cleared up.

Thanks gg420 hopefully I get my bulb in the mail soon. I;m not sure if all plants will bust out preflowers like the one in the pictures as my sativa plant is showing little tiny ones but they're there. I'm hoping I will be able to get the electrician in to run a dedicated circuit to the closet that I will flower in "as a computer work area" and get all the equip in less than a month.

if you think your gonna be vegging 2.5 to 3 months, is lighting going to be an issue? How well will that lighting sustain a large plant(2 - 3ft i'd imagine)? I have no idea, just a consideration.

For pot size... I think 3 gal will probably be tight but maybe ok. I was just reading through a jorge cervantes book, marijuana horticulture i think its called, and it said mininum pot size for a 2-3 month old plant is 3gal and for 3-8 months its 5 gal. Just something to also take into consideration...

sMACk

These plants were besically a trial for germination that actually turned into something, so if the light doesnt help the plant in that time then nothing lossed only gained in experience. These arent exact known genetics I'm saving those for when I get my super soil made.

I will hopefully be ready to flower in a month, just depends on how fast I can get my equip and some elecrtical stuff run in the house. I'm sure it will be reaching the limits of the light's capabilities, but I wonder how do it'll do in flower (the biggest bushed out one). Maybe I can LST the 4 main branches it has to help the height a little more.

I was wondering today..do you think that indica plant may have some ruderalis genes in it since it really does look like it's budding but it's under 24/0. The amount of preflowers compared to what I've seen on every other grow on here and my other female is just baffling. Also has anyone seen their main stem swell like this after bending over. I don't think it's an embolism.

bud 1.jpg

bud 2.jpg

Stem Swell.jpg

yeah, those are not just single-calyx preflowers, SBS . . . they are clustering . . . I think maybe you're thinkin rudy right

yes, the single-calyx preflowers often mature to become fully fertile . . . and they will often produce viable seeds also

as for the swelled up branch, I really never seen a plant do that . . . maybe you bent her a bit too much and cut off the internal plumbing so that she had to expand and reroute the passageways

if I was gonna veg those another month, I would go to a 5 gal. pot :cool2:

jm2c :48:

Dan K.
I have tons of those little flowers on my plants. And down at the base and near where I took clones. Especially the two autos.

What are you saying is significant about them clustering?

If I'm trying to reveg a plant I'll want to make sure I leave all those little ones when I harvest right? I think it was Rosebud that had a thread about that.

I have no clue what to do with this plant thats busting out those tiny "buds" it smells awesome and very skunky for the amount of stuff on it.

hmmm . . . keep it under 24/0 . . . and if it flowers to maturity, dry it and smoke it:D

I think you have an auto that has gone feral. I would just let her keep on rockin. She will most likely swell and finish ahead of the others. Just keep her fed good and see what happens. :)

Latest posts

Back