My first plant(2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hushpuppy said:
(I measure in ml and during bloom phase I use 40ml-micro, 10ml-grow, 50ml-bloom). .

Is that per gallon??? That seems awful high if that's per gallon. My ppm was 800 with what I normally put in 1tsp micro,1tsp grow, 2-3 tsp bloom.

Is there a reason that you are not following the nutrient chart on the bottles of GH? When first starting out, it is recommended to use the ratios on the bottle and then fine tune as you get more familiar with the needs of your plants. I would be giving the plants 1 tsp grow, 2 tsp micro and 3 tsp bloom per gallon. If you are using the Lucas formula with no grow then you should be using a 1-2 ratio with the micro and bloom. The recommended dose is 8 ml micro and 16 ml bloom per gal of water. There are 5 ml in a tsp. So, for every gal you would use real close to 2-1/2 tsp of micro and just a little over 5 tsp of bloom. I also add cal-mag in flowering at a rate of 1-2 tsp per gal, depending on how the gals look.

IMO, a ppm of 800 is not nearly enough for most strains. Even Satori which is very efficient in its nute up, I run at around 1200 ppm.

Since this grow is really just for getting my feet wet I wanted to try a few different things, especially when most of this grow hasnt been going according to plan lol. It also seemes like when I gave it the recommended nutes the plant only got worse(ph problems im guessing because my meter is outta wack for the moment).

Another thing I was doing wrong most of the time is with the other plants they were still vegging, whereas this one started flowering pretty quickly but I didnt change it's nutes.

Hey SBS; My bad on that explanation, I was quite baked when I wrote that :doh: I suprised it made any sense lol. Those numbers I gave you were for a full bucket of water(18liters) that I use for mixing my solution. The reason I said that is to show you the ratio for the micro, grow, and bloom values. If you were thinking of using my numbers, don't as we are using similar but different nute brands. What Goddess told you is correct for you as she knows the GH nutes. :)

My main concern was whether you were still using grow nutrient during bloom phase, and not using micro as that mix, I would think, would cause some of the problems that you have been having with that plant. :)

Yeah could be, it has been flowering since mid september lol the trics are going cloudy now . I mixed up the recommended nutes batch on the bottle for my next watering.. hopefully that will help it out a bit

After I mixed up a gallon of the recommended nutes and gave her a half gallon yesterday morning; things are looking better now. Spots are getting smaller and green is returning to the leaves.

I hope so, the trics are mostly cloudy, and I think I'm starting to notice some having a slight amber orange color too on a very select few on the leaves. It smells awesome and most of this plant will go to hash but hey its a first plant and fun little test run for the next grow with satori.

Yeah the growing gets better each time but the waiting for harvest doesn't get any easier :)

Welllllllllll some unfortunate news..... while I was at work my flippin cat managed to get in the closet and I came home finding the plant on it's side and a few main branches were snapped pretty bad... Looks like an early harvest for me...

Any tips on what to look for when I hang it and tell whe it's time to jar?
Also; the trim for hash I believe some people freeze it fresh for bubble bags? I have the one gal size ones.

The Hemp Goddess said:
IMO, a ppm of 800 is not nearly enough for most strains. Even Satori which is very efficient in its nute up, I run at around 1200 ppm.

(I totally missed this the other day.)

I was gonna ask, what do you normally run your satori at during flowering?From reading other posts that it's a big drinker but light feeder?? I'm more or less geting ready to do satori. This plant is done, even though it is early. I couldnt remember if 800ppm was high or low; thanks THG. hopefully this time around things will go better.

Man that sucks that the plant got trashed, but you can still get some smoke from it anyway. I cut and trim all my stuff before drying it. But I let mine dry until it feels almost crispy, then I jar it.

I typically run my veg to top out around 800 then up it to around 1200-1400 in flower. :)

So basically i just need to start with recommended doeses and slowly raise the mixes to what the pplant's needs are?

Another question.... when will this weird grassy smell go away and have the skunky smell come through?

Latest posts

Back