Ugg...problems with bugs......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptianKush

Reaction score
WHEN ANSWERING, PLEASE POST THE ENTIRE QUESTION AND ANSWER FOR EASE OF READING.

1. How tall are your plants now?

27.5 inches

2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently?

Constant distance...it's the sun

3. How old are they?

3 months

4. What strain are they?

Sour deisel

5. Did you start them from seed or clone?

Clone

6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons?

5 gallon round pots

WHAT TYPE OF GROW DO YOU HAVE?

7. Dirt?
Yup

8. What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use?

FFOF

9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?

Full FF line up + Roots Organics Oregonism XL

10. What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any?

None, straight FFOF

11. Hydroponic?

No

My sour diesel is definitely infested with something. The leaves are covered in tiny yellow spots. The undersides of the leaves have small black somethings all over. When crushed they leave light brown stains on my hands. I cant get a picture that is clear enough to help, sorry, my macro lens sucks.

I am thinking that its mites but there are no webs. Any ideas or help is appreciated.

With-out pics it's hard to say what kind of bugs. With-out any webs you may be looking at aphids. You may even have more than one type. Often insects can weaken a plant leading to new infestation. I'd suggest a broad based insecticidal soap or something like Pyrethrum and/or Neem oil. There are many easy cinnamon/clove "teas" you can apply as well. What ever spray or dip you decide to use make sure to spray the soil, pot and areas in the grow room where insects can hide. This process should be repeated after three or four days followed by a thorough cleaning. If this is a recuring issue I'd suggest filtering your intake. Good luck..................

jmansweed said:
With-out pics it's hard to say what kind of bugs. With-out any webs you may be looking at aphids. You may even have more than one type. Often insects can weaken a plant leading to new infestation. I'd suggest a broad based insecticidal soap or something like Pyrethrum and/or Neem oil. There are many easy cinnamon/clove "teas" you can apply as well. What ever spray or dip you decide to use make sure to spray the soil, pot and areas in the grow room where insects can hide. This process should be repeated after three or four days followed by a thorough cleaning. If this is a recuring issue I'd suggest filtering your intake. Good luck..................

I failed to mention that she has is about two weeks into flower, I am thinking about siccing some lady bugs on em.

hXXp://www.ladybugindoorgardens.com/pests.html
hXXp://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/index.html
might aid in identification...;)

CaptianKush said:
WHEN ANSWERING, PLEASE POST THE ENTIRE QUESTION AND ANSWER FOR EASE OF READING.

1. How tall are your plants now?

~6 feet budding, 1-30 inches veg.

2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently?

1 inch with the T8's, 6 inches with my 1000w HPS (1/4 in tempered glass, sealed, ducted)

3. How old are they?

mothers: 17 months
fresh clones: 2 days
new plants: 1 month
next up: 2 months
budding: 3 months

4. What strain are they?

OG Kush
Bubba Kush

5. Did you start them from seed or clone?

Clone

6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons?

4x4 ebb&flo

WHAT TYPE OF GROW DO YOU HAVE?

7. Dirt?
nope, hydro, rockwool

8. What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use?

Grodan 6 inch cubes and expansion slabs

9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?

ALL GH Nutes

10. What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any?

None, straight Liquid nutes

11. Hydroponic?

yes

My sour diesel is definitely infested with something. The leaves are covered in tiny yellow spots. The undersides of the leaves have small black somethings all over. When crushed they leave light brown stains on my hands. I cant get a picture that is clear enough to help, sorry, my macro lens sucks.

I am thinking that its mites but there are no webs. Any ideas or help is appreciated.
you have spider mites my friend, CO2 your plants in a confined space to kill the pests and then wash plants, add lady bugs every week a few at a time. Youll be golden

Not everyone runs/has c02, even fewer have a sealed room where co2 saturation is either probable or possible.

Constant distance...it's the sun
In the captains instance.. I think it is ""impossible"!..;)

A mix of heat and water-1 tbsp minced peppers 1 tbsp garlic powder. Heat cool strain dilute (1 gal ) spray. Sit back and watch em die. Spray the perimiter of entire area + entire pot.

DirtySouth said:
A mix of heat and water-1 tbsp minced peppers 1 tbsp garlic powder. Heat cool strain dilute (1 gal ) spray. Sit back and watch em die. Spray the perimiter of entire area + entire pot.

Hmm, I am gonna try this using some scotch bonnets and see how it goes:hubba:

ozzydiodude said:
Use you choice of insecticide to help cure the infestation

This is for medicinal use, should I look for organic insecticides or anything special. Perhaps some indication of half life?

If bugs need to go, and you dont want to worry about chemicals, try this for one night:
Hick said:
Not everyone runs/has c02, even fewer have a sealed room where co2 saturation is either probable or possible.

In the captains instance.. I think it is ""impossible"!..;)

I am not flaming at ALL!

Just thought Pics would help you see my point. ;)

Ficus%20emrlad%20std_web.jpg

trash_can_up_fo_2.jpg

ScotchBlueTape2.jpg

Hey OG I wound if you would be able to use Dry Ice for the CO2? That way you could adjust the temp down and attack the bug two ways.

Latest posts

Back