Trimming.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I switched to a bowl trimmer got it on a black Friday Sale last year. If you go that route trim then dry. If you run dry buds you will mangle your crop. Another thing it leaves about 1/4 inch of sugar leaf behind. The look a little different from hand trimmed but event then It is worth it to me. My hands suck. So a win for me.

I've been growing my own for quite a long time and I'm really getting tired of tri
IMG_1932.png
mming my bud by hand. I'm just curious as to how everyone else does it. Any tips or info would be appreciated.
this handy bud trimmer will save u hours of time ac infinity bud trimmer
IMG_1932.png

IMG_6024.png

I bought the 13” for $60.00.
I run a continuous grow, and harvest 1 plant at a time, so I am usually only trimming about 2 ounces of bud per session.
With that being said, this thing works great, and I absolutely wouldn’t be worried about processing a .lb at a time, if I needed to.
To be honest though, I rarely use it anymore.
I just pluck all the big leaves off the plant, dry it, jar it until cured, then dump it in grove bags.
The sugar leaves get smoked along with the buds.

I have the 16 inch, but I could easily have gone with the 13 inch for what I trim. I don't bother removing the fan leaves completely, just sort of mow with scissors 1/4" to 1/2" from the buds before dumping it into the trimmer. I will try just removing the fan leaves. That might be even faster.

I have the 16 inch, but I could easily have gone with the 13 inch for what I trim. I don't bother removing the fan leaves completely, just sort of mow with scissors 1/4" to 1/2" from the buds before dumping it into the trimmer. I will try just removing the fan leaves. That might be even faster.
Its what I fo as well I pluck the larger fan leaves then chuck her in

I switched to a bowl trimmer got it on a black Friday Sale last year. If you go that route trim then dry. If you run dry buds you will mangle your crop. Another thing it leaves about 1/4 inch of sugar leaf behind. The look a little different from hand trimmed but event then It is worth it to me. My hands suck. So a win for me.
I just ordered my 19” bowl trimmer. Not doing these by hand!
IMG_3426.jpeg

I seen the bowl trimmer but I couldn't understand how it could possibly work without destroying the bud
The buds survive. It's the trichomes that suffer.
Here are some. I used to go back and hand trim them to remove the rest of the sugar leaves, but I couldn't tell the difference in the smoke so stopped bothering.

View attachment 361659

View attachment 361660
I hand trim the big buds. Buds that size get turned into bubble hash.

I seen the bowl trimmer but I couldn't understand how it could possibly work without destroying the bud
Bro Ive got a 16" trimmer. I've yet to use it. Those thoughts of destroyed bud haunt my mind too..lol. I'm gonna have to just bite the bullet and throw a few ozs in there n see what happens.

Some folks do it wet and some mostly dry. Which is the better way? What are the benefits of doing it wet? I would think it would clog things up. Doing it with dried bud I'd fear it to be whittled down to nothing..lol.

I use my 16" trimmer after the branches have hung for about a week depending on humidity. I hang them in a large outdoor storage building. I use the trimmer before I bag them up in paper bags, before half gallon mason jars for the final cure. I like the way they work. I still hand trim anything beyond sugar leaves.

Latest posts

Back