Trimming.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use my 16" trimmer after the branches have hung for about a week depending on humidity. I hang them in a large outdoor storage building. I use the trimmer before I bag them up in paper bags, before half gallon mason jars for the final cure. I like the way they work. I still hand trim anything beyond sugar leaves.
Great info...that is the time I would attempt it. Buds semi dry going into paper bags. Sounds like you dry like I do..lol. Hard to find them old large paper grocery bags these days. Great tools for final drying.

Bro Ive got a 16" trimmer. I've yet to use it. Those thoughts of destroyed bud haunt my mind too..lol. I'm gonna have to just bite the bullet and throw a few ozs in there n see what happens.

Some folks do it wet and some mostly dry. Which is the better way? What are the benefits of doing it wet? I would think it would clog things up. Doing it with dried bud I'd fear it to be whittled down to nothing..lol.
I trim them wet, straight from the branch to the bowl. I clip the buds off the stems over the bowl, so they are smaller and get trimmed closer. If I want a pic of a large bud for BOM or something, I would trim it by hand.

Beautiful bowl of buds! 😲 The end game of growing cannabis is soooo rewarding. Just look at that!

Great info...that is the time I would attempt it. Buds semi dry going into paper bags. Sounds like you dry like I do..lol. Hard to find them old large paper grocery bags these days. Great tools for final drying.
I still like to use paper bags. I had gotten away from them but used them on my indoor plants a couple months ago. They seem to dry too fast if I leave them hanging more than 3 or 4 days. So after the hang, they going into paper bags with a hygrometer until I get them down to 63% rh or so. Then they go to jars.
I just got a 16" bowl trimmer as I look to have a bunch of plants finishing at once. I plan to wet trim until I get my hanging dry-racks full. I'm sure to have plenty left to dry trim. I'll save the biggest colas to do by hand, if the machine is too rough. I don't do a fine manicure since it's all for personal use.
I promised the missus a little vacation trip by the end of October, so I can't be leaving stuff to lay around. Quantities should be far more than I need, so I won't mind having shavings around for hash, edibles, and salve. For next year, I'll have a better plan on how to time out my grows and make them a little more self-sufficient. I'm not sure I have enough friends to handle the surplus and dealing with 8 footers in peat is a PITA. Maybe just one big one in a huge pot outside next year.

i need one of these!
anyone with pics of the trimmed buds?
Yep
IMG_8076.jpeg
IMG_8073.jpeg
IMG_8074.jpeg

Latest posts

Back