The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll do that when I bring the old one in to retrieve my picture I have store on it.
Sometimes they can remove the hard drive and put it in a small case. Then you can access it tapping it to your computer. I have never done this, I have a desktop and a laptop waiting.

Desktop is Windows XP, and it went blue screen of death never to be brought back. I don't know if it would be compatible even if I did remove the hard drive. Could be all that on there is lost.

The laptop is Windows 10, I need to rescue it.

Bubba

I'll do that when I bring the old one in to retrieve my picture I have store on it.
The last time I did that, the pictures they transferred were from another family none of my pics. weird black magic pics from a black family. I never got my pics back. Hopefully this doesn’t happen often

The Cherry Creme Brule turned out tasty but when I went to the three local groceries, none had the dark cherries, nor did any have mandarin oranges, but I found some nice navel oranges and am candying the peel to go with the remaining Creme Brule.

Grayfox is due home at any time, so she may be early for the candied peel but I have Creme Brule available to celebrate being home.
Buy I thought it was cherry season

We drank a 10 cent RC instead of Coke or Pepsi, and dumped in a 5 cent bag of salted peanuts. That was back when men were men and their women worshiped the ground they walked on.

I was still just a kid of course...............
I STAND CORRECTED!!!

My memory played me false. I remember now that the peanuts were a nickel.

I think it started way before your time
Maybe when walt was 10yrs old LOL
{**creak... creak..**} Door to mausoleum opens... Another gem from Unca Walt's incredible store of completely useless, but interesting trivia:

Dr. Pepper was WAY ahead of Coca-Cola.

Dr. Pepper started in 1885. Johnny-came-lately Coke started in 1886.

Now all of you here are absolutely STUCK irrevocably with that knowledge, and will, for your entire lives have it at your mental fingertips in case you are ever asked about it on a quiz program.

You're welcome. 🙃 😏

Back when Coke changed their recipe for a few months (a publicity stunt), I switched to RC. To me, RC was half way between Coke (Yum), and Pepsi (Yuck).
Thank Buddha Coke came to their senses and went back to the original (without cocaine) recipe.

Southern thing. When they say sweet, they mean sweet. I got regular and added sugar. Bubba

My grandpappy got hooked on saccharin during the depression and WW-II and made his ghastly sweet, iced tea in a wide mouth fruit jar so that there was room for enough ice and when he got it right there was enough tea to make it worthwhile.

Mom served ours unsweetened and everyone sweetened their own to their own tastes.

I like my iced tea unsweetened with lemon and it is my drink of choice at lunch or dinner. I usually drink back tea instead of coffee in the morning and during the day. I nuke a cup when I brew it but continue to sip it throughout the day even after it is at room temperature. I always have a cup of tea sitting around and only rinse out my cup between brews.

Sometimes they can remove the hard drive and put it in a small case. Then you can access it tapping it to your computer. I have never done this, I have a desktop and a laptop waiting.

Desktop is Windows XP, and it went blue screen of death never to be brought back. I don't know if it would be compatible even if I did remove the hard drive. Could be all that on there is lost.

The laptop is Windows 10, I need to rescue it.

Bubba

I have my last two hard drives in my newest HP computer and can access them for the data stored there. I am also running a virtual XP program using Oracle to enable me to use my old 32 bit Auto Cad program. I also have the hard drive from my original computer running Windows 95, but haven't tried to access it and look around. I kept it at that time to protect the content when I gave away the rest of the defunct computer for parts.

Buy I thought it was cherry season

Indeed it is, but there are cherries and there are cherries. I prefer the dark cherries for eating and the first pick didn't last long on the shelves, though there are still lots of cherries more suitable for cooking available. I will try the Saturday Farmers Market today and should be able to stock up on nice ones.

I STAND CORRECTED!!!

My memory played me false. I remember now that the peanuts were a nickel.

Not to worry brother Walt, we'uns of all people know that memory is the first thing to go or be enhanced. I could barely remember it, and I'm a much younger man.

Good morning

going up to 101 today but the record is 104 so no problems….tomorrow 102…….only 98 the next day

is this late July early August?

June 11?!…..you kidding right?

Wowza! Looks like both OK and Texas both cooking..........Can you guess this next tune??

My grandpappy got hooked on saccharin during the depression and WW-II and made his ghastly sweet, iced tea in a wide mouth fruit jar so that there was room for enough ice and when he got it right there was enough tea to make it worthwhile.

Mom served ours unsweetened and everyone sweetened their own to their own tastes.

I like my iced tea unsweetened with lemon and it is my drink of choice at lunch or dinner. I usually drink back tea instead of coffee in the morning and during the day. I nuke a cup when I brew it but continue to sip it throughout the day even after it is at room temperature. I always have a cup of tea sitting around and only rinse out my cup between brews.

I have my last two hard drives in my newest HP computer and can access them for the data stored there. I am also running a virtual XP program using Oracle to enable me to use my old 32 bit Auto Cad program. I also have the hard drive from my original computer running Windows 95, but haven't tried to access it and look around. I kept it at that time to protect the content when I gave away the rest of the defunct computer for parts.

Indeed it is, but there are cherries and there are cherries. I prefer the dark cherries for eating and the first pick didn't last long on the shelves, though there are still lots of cherries more suitable for cooking available. I will try the Saturday Farmers Market today and should be able to stock up on nice ones.

Not to worry brother Walt, we'uns of all people know that memory is the first thing to go or be enhanced. I could barely remember it, and I'm a much younger man.

Wowza! Looks like both OK and Texas both cooking..........Can you guess this next tune??

oklahoma?

"I have my last two hard drives in my newest HP computer and can access them for the data stored there. I am also running a virtual XP program using Oracle to enable me to use my old 32 bit Auto Cad program. I also have the hard drive from my original computer running Windows 95, but haven't tried to access it and look around. I kept it at that time to protect the content when I gave away the rest of the defunct computer for parts."

Thanks and good to know! I guess those old pics may not be lost after all.

bubba

Always good get the opportunity to sit down and talk face to face and have a smoke with a fellow member. Wish there was a way for all of us to get together at least once a year.....I would like to see what Roster really looks like.
What if Roster, et al, turns out to be a teenage girl. Would you still love "him"?

Latest posts

Back