The Calm before the Storm, 2nd Grow-upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JBonez

Here are the pics of my new setup.

Tent, ebay 150.00 shipped
Lumatek 600w ebay 180.00 shipped
Two s&p inline fans. (local) 260.00
Air cooled hood (local)106.0
Ducting 4'&6' (local) 40.00
hortilux 600w hps 80.00 ebay
light hanger 30.00 (local)
Foothill filter (ebay) 70.96 shipped
Fan controller 40.00 (local)

Essentially what i did was scrap the 2000w fiasco i had going before. Vegging under a 1000w mh???? What was i thinking. Well, keep it small wasnt what i thought i needed, but man, was i WRONG. You see, my Flowering light was 1000w in 3.5x3.5 space. So suffice it to say, i wasnt utilizing the full capability of the lights initial power, Therefore, i downsized.

instead of a 2000w grow, ive got the numbers down to about 900w, with everything. Im actually expecting to yield more this time, due to the new setup. Bigger tent, realistic lighting suitable for growth. Co2 is in the works, but i wont claim it because its not setup. So all in all, i think ive got a 1.5 capability once i start flowering my Clones tomorrow. Strain was breed by a private grower here locally, and im told its OG kush X Grandaddy Purp, so im pretty excited.

Ill start a journal in a few days, should be a pretty clean grow.

This setup will run you roughly $956.00 nutes, ph meter, solutions,pots, cutting drywall, and stuff is all factors on top of the 956, but people will buy cheaper meters, pots are cheap, and a good nute regimand is about 60.00.

also, here is my homebox S, lined it with mylar and gonna use it for vegging seeds, clone rearing and hopefully a momma plant. CFL's will be the lighting, i was gonna use my 400w but that thing is too dang hot.

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

rather simple setup really, i wonder what people could be doing with there tax money, hm... lol.

Luckily, when i sold my old equipment, i had enough to buy a much cheaper, yet more effective setup, "LESS IS MORE" & KISS (keep it simple stupid)

follow that and your good.

Great looking setup man. I'm actually running the same ballast in a 4x2 tent with cooltube etc etc. I'm really excited about it as well. I hope my tent ends up looking nearly as good as yours does! I still have to set up the ventilation and lighting and was hoping you would be willing to help me a little since it looks like you got it down perfectly.

First, how are you moving air through your light setup? It looks very well done.

My second question is:
I bought a 500 cfm inline fan that I was just going to attach in this order

inside of tent> cooltube>tubing>inline fan>outside of tent.

I figure this way I am passively drawing air into the tent and actively expelling the old and hot air. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Finally, I was curious as to what you installed to attach the insulation tubing to the tent? It looks like a metal duct or something?

Again, great looking grow. Your strain sounds incredible. What method of growing are you going to use?

great looking setup man so do u think the homebox s is too small for a 400watt with a cool tube or what?

Wow, it all looks great! Have you done a "trial run" and checked your temps and stuff?

i am about to start my 2nd grow as well next week sometime after Mardi Gras! but i have the Homebox S with a 400w Cooltube. I have done a few "trial runs" and temps seem to be fairly cool. I am waiting on my seeds to arrive, then I can run the ducting from the Cooltube out the tent, and I think that will make the temps even cooler.

But anyway, great looking setup sir. Very similar to mine (well what mine will look like in a week). Good luck on your grow!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Wow, it all looks great! Have you done a "trial run" and checked your temps and stuff?

hey babe, long time no type, lol.

yeah, trial run is SAT!

Temps are actually a little cooler than i would like, but it will warm up, i have a fan controller to help adjust temp swing a little.

did you consider a cool tube? because i am planning a similar set up with a 600W and was planning on using a cool tube. if you considered it im curious why you went with the hood?

good lookin setup man! yeah, it is really similar to mine. I'm really interested to see how this grow goes. Looks like it should be good! I was thinking about switching over to a 600w this time but it would be too much of an investment for gear that I already own.

ross said:
did you consider a cool tube? because i am planning a similar set up with a 600W and was planning on using a cool tube. if you considered it im curious why you went with the hood?

no, not really. Cool tubes are bad with reflecting light, sure they do their job, but if you could see inside my sunsystem reflector, you would notice that its a perfect double parabolic reflector, identical in shape to the adjust a wing reflector, which i hear is the best reflector on the market. So im going with it for now until i find something that gives a better balanced footprint, So far im loving it and there is an even distribution of light, so im pleased.

you expect 1.5 g/W? how so high? that's almost doubling the efficiency of your last grow.

im expecting a gram a watt, shouldve done the math, but i want to see a six hundred gram yield, im using co2 this time around and bloombastic which, at 220.00 a bottle, i better see results, lol.

like the set up jbonez. i grow in a rubbermaid type cab, and started out with a 400hps, with a bat-wing. after that grow, i went straight to a coolable hood. a 6" euro reflector, from htg.

pulls up a chair...bb...

:48:

whats the CFM's and watts of your inline fans?

JBonez said:
Here are the pics of my new setup.

Tent, ebay 150.00 shipped
Lumatek 600w ebay 180.00 shipped
.. .. .. .. ..
also, here is my homebox S, lined it with mylar and gonna use it for vegging seeds, clone rearing and hopefully a momma plant. CFL's will be the lighting, i was gonna use my 400w but that thing is too dang hot.

- Bloody amazing, :aok: :watchplant:
I shall be thinking about your setup when I next bang my little head on the rough wooden roof of my primitive growroom :eek:

Latest posts

Back