State Workers Get Stoned, Take Naps in ‘Man Cave’ Hideout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Two New York State workers have been living the good life, loafing, napping and getting stoned on company time for the past five years. Who knew that state jobs had such fantastic perks?

The two workers took their pot smoking breaks in an ultimate lazy worker’s hideout, they called their “man cave.” The man cave was hidden in a state garage and was outfitted with all the necessities needed for a proper guy hangout.

The room had comfortable couches for their afternoon naps, a television and DVDs, a refrigerator, and a scale to weigh their marijuana.

The two stoners were a janitor and his boss. Apparently, not much cleaning was done in the state buildings where the two worked.

Since 2004 the two “man cave” loafers managed to rack up “more than $28,400 in taxpayer-funded overtime”

Someone or perhaps the telltale whiff of cannabis gave them up, because last week state officials raided the hideout and confiscated the marijuana scale and rolling papers. Both men were dismissed from their jobs.

The janitor, Gary Pivoda, 48-years-old was charged with misdemeanor counts of using drug paraphernalia and unlawfully possessing marijuana. He is also accused of making pot deliveries in his state vehicle to electricians, plumbers and fellow state workers.

Pivoda’s boss, Louis Marciano, 50-years-old wasn’t charged with a crime and denied any charges through his attorney. Marciano’s attorney, Lee Kindlon, claims the hideout party lounge was a normal worker break room.

Law enforcement officials say the investigation is ongoing.

hxxp://shuurl.com/G5891

FruityBud said:
Since 2004 the two “man cave” loafers managed to rack up “more than $28,400 in taxpayer-funded overtime”

This is my favorite part - the overtime. I have a lot of respect for people who see something through all the way :). Like embezzling money from a company. People get caught stealing a measly $2000. It's much better getting caught stealing $12 million.

FruityBud said:
The two stoners were a janitor and his boss. Apparently, not much cleaning was done in the state buildings where the two worked.

hxxp://shuurl.com/G5891

Stoners where janitor and state worker mmm a job we all want...;)

Racked up more then 28,400 bucks in tax payer money and it took 5 yr to find this out.? :holysheep:
Sounds like there Boss needs to be FIRED too for not keeping a Better eye on things...;)

sounds like the movie half baked. heck any job with an all inclusive man cave is fine with me:p

kinda funny they got busted by the smell of weed, but nobody noticed that the offices weren't cleaned.

ahh city/state workers.. same wherever you go eh?
gotta love em.

sales & delivery in a state vehicle is a misdemeanor in nyc eh?

thier 'normal worker breakroom'. right. equipped with couches (for naps, of course), tv, and dvds'. the break room at my place (of old), of employ, did'nt have a microwave, let alone a couch.:rolleyes: .

slackers. wonder if they lived in thier 'man cave'?

This is why we should fire 50% of government workers every year.

Trafic said:
This is why we should fire 50% of government workers every year.
PLEASE ! Don't say that i may not get my dole check next week !

...so i guess there's a job opening, huh.... i'm puttin a carbon scrubber in that man cave!!!

Latest posts

Back