School me on rosin presses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Sec

Reaction score
Buddy is hooking me up with a press. No idea atm which brand. All i know is it cost him $500+.

Im not going to be using a nail or other dab device. I just want to turn surplus popcorn bud into rosin that i can add to a bowl/joint/bong ect. Im hoping i can avoid the need for bags but thats not off the table.

If im just adding it to a bowl or whatever, is a bag still a big deal?
Will the return be better using the bag?
Will larger micro bag yield more?

My buddy bought one at a Cannabis Cup. Paid $1200 for it. I think he used it less than a dozen times. After he used up his bags, I think he switched to using parchment paper. Don't quote me, though.

Youtube's got some videos on using parchment paper. Might wanna check 'em out.
I did that right off the bat. Lots of those guys are selling stuff and will say anything to make a sale.

But it looks like if you smash small amounts such as a gram at a time its no problem. The surface area of a loose gram mimics the surface area of a 3.5gram mesh bag when pressed. I got plenty of "practice popcorn" i can try. The press could be larger that then video from NugSmasher i watched. I wont know until i see the press he has.

A pre-press might be a good idea too just to get the puck shape ready for the press.

That's awesome your buddy's getting you set up with a press! When I've pressed rosin for bowls or joints, using a bag can help keep things cleaner and easier to manage, especially with popcorn buds. It tends to give a better yield too, since it helps squeeze out more of the good stuff without extra plant material. I've found that using larger micro bags can indeed yield more, plus it's easier to handle. When I'm looking into gear for my hobbies, I sometimes check out bongs at places like DankGeek—they've got a good range that might inspire some creative sessions with your new press.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back