Premature?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZenDragon

Reaction score
I don't grow, though I wish I could, the guy I get my stuff from on the other, has been growing for a couple years now. I only ask on this forum because of all the folks that might know the answer to this question it would be you all! :)

Anyhow, he typically gets me some fairly good quality buds, and they are usually quite pungent to say the least. Recently however he gave me a sack with the disclaimer; he said that these were harvested a little premature. It looks decent enough, at least, not any different than it usually does, but it hardly smells at all. My question for you all is, should I let this dry a bit before smoking it? Is there any particular indication that its at least mature enough to smoke? Or is it a lost cause?

If you've got the time, you could put it up in a Mason jar for a couple of months and that may or may not help.

I don't know your friend but I've been where you are before many, many times. Translation: This stuff isn't as good as what I usually get for you.

The attack on the plant's maturity is where the uninitiate (the non-growing dealer) always go for excuses--they really don't know why that particular batch isn't as potent, but feel obligated to toss out some sales-goo to make it slide down easier. JMO.

You seem like a smart enough person. Why not try your hand at growing? Then you'll know why a particular bud isn't up to snuff cause you produced it.

Keep in mind that smell often has nothing to do with potency. I have had some great bud that had little or no smell and I have had bud that smelled wonderful and had little high to it.

Bud that is harvested "prematurely" and bud that has not had an adequate drying period are 2 different things. If the bud is not dry, you will need to let it dry some more just to prevent mold.

Latest posts

Back