MOVING IN! ventilation sound Q

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
im moving into a place this week and i need to know something. i have an air cooled reflector and intake and exhaust ( i think.. but that's a whole other thread lol ) anyways, their bedroom is next to mine, will it raise suspicion that there is that noise on all day? is it very loud?

also is a carbon filter very loud?

anybody, im signing the lease tomorrow and if these things are extraordinarily loud i may have to jump ship and go with another place.

it depends of whats inside the wall that divide you, if it is sheetrock or wood, theres a good chance it is hollow and you probably will loud enough to catch someones interest on the other side, if it is concrete and solid you will be fine, you can also buy some rolls of insulation and staple them to the wall, that will help keep the sound in your room if necessary ( FYI i wouldnt staple to the walls i would buy some wood strips with 3 screws on each and staple to that. good luck :aok:

Some fans are louder than others. I run fans all over my house anyway. I live in an arid place, so I run a swamp cooler for cooling that has a fairly large fan. I run the recirculating fan on my furnace to help distribute cool air throughout the house. I have a fan that fits in my bedroom window that pulls cool air into my room. I also almost always have music playing in my house.

Latest posts

Back