Lime to ammend soils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. sorry to be asking so many questions around here lately but I am wondering when you ammend soil with lime.. What kind of lime is it I am looking for? is this something I can find at say Home depot? I will be using 3 gallon. maybe 5 gallon nursery pots. at the most this time and thinking does the package give directions on how much to mix in the soil? Thanks everyone,, still learing here.. Hero

@ Home De Pot I use Lilly miller's supersweet or Soilsweet. I amend w/ 1cup to one large bag of potting soil.

I get it at HD, its called Dolomite lime, a big hand full or even 2 is what i add per pot.

hero.. look for it in powder form, "IMO" the 'pellitized' requires longer to break down and work for you.

:yeahthat:

take care and be safe hero

:48:

Hick said:
hero.. look for it in powder form, "IMO" the 'pellitized' requires longer to break down and work for you.
I made the mistake of buying a rather large bag of pellitized lime. I spent quite a bit of time grinding it into powder and decided there had to be an easier way. I wound up putting it into a bucket and pouring water on it. After just a little stirring, I had a slurry. I poured the slurry into my soil and stirred it up.

Thanks for the info.. No pellets here. lol Hero

Latest posts

Back