Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
64 here and heading for 68. Pollen count higher than a giraffe's testicles. Glad I got the mowing done yesterday.

Dealerships and oil change places have a tendency to upsell their services. I usually start my conversations with them as, "Change the oil and filter and grease the zerks. Nothing more, nothing less." I had one chuckle-head actually yell at me for how long I went between oil changes. Told me that 5,000 miles was way too long to go between 'em. I told him that obviously a manager at an oil change shop knew much more than the techs at GM. It was a Chevy Cavalier, my Detroit/Clio transportation, bought new especially for that and only that. When she fired up, she drove at breakneck speed to Detroit, and barring traffic jambs, did the same on the way home. No short trips involved. Last time I ever used his services. I got to where I'd flat out tell them to change the fukin' oil and grease it. No transmission flush, no air filter, no muffler bearings, etc.

64 here and heading for 68. Pollen count higher than a giraffe's testicles. Glad I got the mowing done yesterday.

Dealerships and oil change places have a tendency to upsell their services. I usually start my conversations with them as, "Change the oil and filter and grease the zerks. Nothing more, nothing less." I had one chuckle-head actually yell at me for how long I went between oil changes. Told me that 5,000 miles was way too long to go between 'em. I told him that obviously a manager at an oil change shop knew much more than the techs at GM. It was a Chevy Cavalier, my Detroit/Clio transportation, bought new especially for that and only that. When she fired up, she drove at breakneck speed to Detroit, and barring traffic jambs, did the same on the way home. No short trips involved. Last time I ever used his services. I got to where I'd flat out tell them to change the fukin' oil and grease it. No transmission flush, no air filter, no muffler bearings, etc.
Most books on the vehicle itself suggests 5000 miles between oil changes

We have that issue with the oil change places here. Such a hard sell that I always took the cars for a change because of how they ganged up on Grayfox.

One "load tested" my battery and then the car wouldn't start when they finished with the oil change. Then of course they tried to sell me a new battery and when I declined, he asked me how I was going to move the car without one.

I told him that if they didn't get my car started that I would have my attorney drop by and give me a jump. They did manage to jump start me and I haven't been back since. The battery also lasted several years longer before requiring replacement.

Most books on the vehicle itself suggests 5000 miles between oil changes
I took our Ford EV to the dealership for the 30,000 mile checkup and besides rotating the tires, they tried to charge me for an oil change. I changed dealerships for my 50,000 mile service, which involved rotating the tires.

I change the oil in our Jeeps at about 2000 miles or around every two years, because we put less than 1000 miles a year on it and every six or seven years seems excessive.

I took an S-10 in one time for an oil change. I'd put a new air cleaner on it two days before. The guy came back with my new filter in hand and showed me how dirty it was. He'd dropped it on the ground and scuffed it around on the floor! I banged it on the door to knock off the floor filth and told him to put it back in. If I remember right, I asked him if his mother and father were married when he was conceived. Not my exact language.

1717804159883.png

Good morning, insomniac Misfits! Thunderstorms are still rumbling, and I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep. Gonna try some canna salve on my back/hip and smoke another bowl to get some pain relief and ride the storm out

Last edited:
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Gaugus with some clouds, starting at 57F and predicted to reach 78F.

A nostalgic picture collage Father's Day gift from my daughter arrived, who is through digging out after the last storms in the Houston area. No serious damage but the area took heavy hits.

An empty calendar today, open to chicanery or debauchery, whichever comes first, and I note that we have a Father's Day invite to the FD seafood buffet at Salty's from Grayfox's side of the family. Hee, hee, hee, all I can eat for about $80 plus change, and their treat.

Latest posts

Back