how do you regulate humidity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
i am growing indoor and have watched videos on humidity but don't know really how to regulate it.

1. is it synonymous with AC or Heat?

jeffca
there are several ways to regulate humidity, ventalation, misting, etc depends what your trying to achieve, plants like more humidity in veg than flower, where high humidity can cause bud rot, or make your plants more susceptable to disease, hope this answers your ?

ya it helped. what exactly is humidity though, is it the moisture concentration in the room? or is it like if you put on your heater higher there would be more humidity?

thanks for the response.

oh ya and how much are humidity testers? and is that what they are called or would they have a more professional sounding name.

humidity is the amount of water in the air.i think the name is HYDROMETER but im not quite sure. most hardware stores carry them and they arent exspensive.the ideal humidity level for vegging is 75-80% ,35% for bloom

humidity is the amount of water in the air.i think the name is HYDROMETER but im not quite sure. most hardware stores carry them and they arent exspensive.the ideal humidity level for vegging is 75-80% ,35% for bloom

SQUEEF MONKEY said:
humidity is the amount of water in the air.
how do you get a certain amount of water (humidity) in the air? like how would you control that?

k found it online thanks. if im growing in my own room is it gonna suck for me to be breathing in all that humidity all day, like bad for my health or just suck?

i use a bucket warmer in a 5 gal bucket to raise moisture levels while using co2

actually it's not bad for health,especialy since your a smoker

you can buy a combo thermometer/ hygrometer pretty cheaply, if you are growing hydro you should have fairly good humidity already, there are lots of good ways to raise humidity in the diy section here, but as long as you don't have extreme high or low humidity, it's not going to affect your grow as much as temps / vents and lighting

good luck and keep looking at the diy section

Latest posts

Back