Hi newbie here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tackling coco first run. Not very user friendly for a new guy but it's doable. You'll need a meter for ph and ppm. Prob some ph down too.
Can't really overwater coco and it dries out fast so multiple waterings during a weeks time.

Any tips for coco first go
Biggest tip I can offer up... Coco, or Coir, stores certain nutrients better then some others.. so if you begin to have any necrosis, do a light flushing. Your better off feeding at half to 3/4 strength with your nutrients and using it
each watering vs feeding weekly.

Pure Coir dries out very fast when by itself. many use a drip setup... I just prefer hand watering, hands on, inspect plants more often that way.

It can be very challenging so good luck. I'm probably mixing mine 50/50 with a seed starter soil.. you might
consider at least adding some perlite to yours... it does many things but one is trapping water in tiny pockets.
I do not..lol
@Carty this guys used coco a lot more than I have. I don't want to mislead ya in any way.

I use promix peat based medium these days.
Peat can be very similar in it's properties as coir.. retains water a bit better maybe.. but both help prevent soil from clumping up...
I only add coco in to something to lighten it up.
After using it in pure form for a few years I started buying better soils and noticed that most of them do exactly that.. one I really like is Coco Loco... hard to find around here. but take any soil that is your favorite and add a brick of Coir to it and some extra perlite and your golden.

Biggest tip I can offer up... Coco, or Coir, stores certain nutrients better then some others.. so if you begin to have any necrosis, do a light flushing. Your better off feeding at half to 3/4 strength with your nutrients and using it
each watering vs feeding weekly.

Pure Coir dries out very fast when by itself. many use a drip setup... I just prefer hand watering, hands on, inspect plants more often that way.

It can be very challenging so good luck. I'm probably mixing mine 50/50 with a seed starter soil.. you might
consider at least adding some perlite to yours... it does many things but one is trapping water in tiny pockets.

Peat can be very similar in it's properties as coir.. retains water a bit better maybe.. but both help prevent soil from clumping up...

After using it in pure form for a few years I started buying better soils and noticed that most of them do exactly that.. one I really like is Coco Loco... hard to find around here. but take any soil that is your favorite and add a brick of Coir to it and some extra perlite and your golden.
Yeah I have some perlite in the coco everything seems fine at the moment in the room I run into any problems this we're I be going thanks all for advice guys much appreciated stay frosty

Nice... go gettem bro... You have the confidence and that's a great start.. and my best tip, when you find something that works for you, work it. when I first started out I wanted to try all the techniques I'd see or read about, never dialing one in. had fun and learned a lot the hard way...

Best of luck with everything...

Nice... go gettem bro... You have the confidence and that's a great start.. and my best tip, when you find something that works for you, work it. when I first started out I wanted to try all the techniques I'd see or read about, never dialing one in. had fun and learned a lot the hard way...

Best of luck with everything...
Yeah I just want it plain and simple not to many complications

Latest posts

Back