first time grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ph of runoff is 6.0, ec is 1.72 (last checked yesterday)
Your ec is a bit high..average is 1.2-1.5. this can cause those lowers to yellow up being a little high. 1.8-2.1 are more for fattening up bud.

A slightly less nutrients mix should put these where your seeking to take them. I could be stoned outta my head too.

Consider looking up a Soil Slurry test. Many say you get a more accurate reading of soil ec using that method.

Are ya having any fun yet? 😂

I would have the ph closer to 6.5.
If you look at the optimum pH levels for weed you will see that 6.5 to 6.8 is best for up taking nutrients in soil.

Your ec is a bit high..average is 1.2-1.5. this can cause those lowers to yellow up being a little high. 1.8-2.1 are more for fattening up bud.

A slightly less nutrients mix should put these where your seeking to take them. I could be stoned outta my head too.

Consider looking up a Soil Slurry test. Many say you get a more accurate reading of soil ec using that method.

Are ya having any fun yet? 😂
going food shopping today, gonna pick up the distilled water to do slurry test, see what the results are later today

wanna see my picture on the cover of rolling stone, LOL

Attachments

• WIN_20240615_10_53_53_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240615_10_53_53_Pro.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 0
Try not to get to worked up George. That yellowing is pretty minor. As these grow their needs will change and this ph, ec dragon your chasing will settle into a routine.

I've not seen anyone use the visosun a b before but I'm sure it's fine. I don't read anywhere about adding a calcium or magnesium. Most nutrient lines fall short of those two much needed items. A good calmag liquid or a combination of calcium nitrate and Epsom works well at maintaining good levels. Dose it every watering and you'll avoid a lot of big problems down the road.

Some plants have different needs than others and eat a little more. Playing around with your ec you'll find that sweet spot. Don't be afraid to bump it up or down a little.

i watered plants last night with 6.5 ph water and checked this morning, runoff was 7.0 ph, ec was 1.65, i.m attaching photos, looks like one or more plants have more yellow leafs, (just shoot me and put me out of this misery ) ROTFL, LMAO, LOL
Remember, plain water acts like a solvent that rinses and neutralizes excess acidity. So, any number you receive from your run-off test is likely higher than the real pH value.
So 7.0 runoff is not bad considering 6.8 is perfect.

Try not to get to worked up George. That yellowing is pretty minor. As these grow their needs will change and this ph, ec dragon your chasing will settle into a routine.

I've not seen anyone use the visosun a b before but I'm sure it's fine. I don't read anywhere about adding a calcium or magnesium. Most nutrient lines fall short of those two much needed items. A good calmag liquid or a combination of calcium nitrate and Epsom works well at maintaining good levels. Dose it every watering and you'll avoid a lot of big problems down the road.

Some plants have different needs than others and eat a little more. Playing around with your ec you'll find that sweet spot. Don't be afraid to bump it up or down a little.
who me, get worked up, not a problem, just running off at the mouth, checked ingredients on the vivosun, supposedly it has them, but sometimes companies lie, LOL

Remember, plain water acts like a solvent that rinses and neutralizes excess acidity. So, any number you receive from your run-off test is likely higher than the real pH value.
So 7.0 runoff is not bad considering 6.8 is perfect.
thanks, i'm probably over worrying about this, it's a fault i gained working at the hospital over seeing a 4 yr renovation, where if i missed something it could possibly kill a patient, most stressful 4 yrs in my life.

who me, get worked up, not a problem, just running off at the mouth, checked ingredients on the vivosun, supposedly it has them, but sometimes companies lie, LOL
Yes true all kinds of false advertisements on things. I switched to Jacks and have not looked back. I was new and started with advanced nutrients then tried the fox farms trio and their tiger bloom. It was getting expensive and worrisome.There are several that was using it and suggested I give it a try. When my supply finished I tried it. It was easy. You use a tiny amount so you do it at every feeding. Not suggesting you do anything drastic. Especially mid grow. Yellow leaves always freak me out. Best of luck to you.

I took a closer look at them leaves. I see what your seeing now.
I would consider some calmag in the mix.

I don't remember asking or seeing what medium you use. I see those feeders and wonder if they are to moist...which can drop lower leaf. How often do those pots dry out between waterings?

thanks, i'm probably over worrying about this, it's a fault i gained working at the hospital over seeing a 4 yr renovation, where if i missed something it could possibly kill a patient, most stressful 4 yrs in my life.
I'm a Facilities Manager for a Mall, two hospitals, and several other properties.😁

Yellow leaves can also be a nitrogen deficiency.
I would suggest trying the Jacks that Jan is talking about. It's simple to use and seems to do the trick.
I use Fox Farms Trio plus CalMag.

Lots of info on jacks here...Thread 'Jacks Nutrients' https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/jacks-nutrients.83016/

I'm a Jack's grower. Just got me a 4lb tub of bloom. Makes some nice frosty big bud.
IMG_20240905_182624499.jpg
Maybe something to consider down the road. Easy growing with no metering. Tap water, Jack's, calnit, Epsom in Peat. Great combination.

I took a closer look at them leaves. I see what your seeing now.
I would consider some calmag in the mix.

I don't remember asking or seeing what medium you use. I see those feeders and wonder if they are to moist...which can drop lower leaf. How often do those pots dry out between waterings?
im using a 50/50 mix of fox farms and coco, i probably water too much, every 2 to 3 days i water till it come out the bottom of the pots, i have ten plants and use about 5 gallons of water, water meter readings in several places of each plant says anywhere from 18 to 25%

Latest posts

Back