Hi newbie here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is set up any advice be much appreciated will have 4 crit 4 exo and 4 zkitles in ny end of week have led to left of extracor

Attachments

• 20240911_121810.jpg
    20240911_121810.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240911_121815.jpg
    20240911_121815.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 0
Doesn't more light mean more growth tho buddy I was thinking about adding another 600 as temps have dropped to 31.1 with 33 humidity 🤔
Well, more isn't always better in the growing world. Your plants can receive to much light. I'll try to make an example....

Let's say I put 2200w of lamps in my 4x8 tent. The 4x8 gives me 32sqft of floor space. Now you take that number into your watts.

2200 ÷ 32 = 68watts per sqft

Plants only need 30-35w per sqft. Anything over that is overkill and can be damaging to the plant.

I run a 4x8 with 1100w total. You could run two 4x8s with 2200..lol

I'm willing to bet this is where your seeing problems with heat. I'm assuming the plants aren't super happy either. How bout some pics?

Well, more isn't always better in the growing world. Your plants can receive to much light. I'll try to make an example....

Let's say I put 2200w of lamps in my 4x8 tent. The 4x8 gives me 32sqft of floor space. Now you take that number into your watts.

2200 ÷ 32 = 68watts per sqft

Plants only need 30-35w per sqft. Anything over that is overkill and can be damaging to the plant.

I run a 4x8 with 1100w total. You could run two 4x8s with 2200..lol

I'm willing to bet this is where your seeing problems with heat. I'm assuming the plants aren't super happy either. How bout some pics?
Just posted pics on previous msg buddy okay thanks I'll take that into account maybe turn 1 600 off and just leave a 600 and 1000 led

Just posted pics on previous msg buddy okay thanks I'll take that into account maybe turn 1 600 off and just leave a 600 and 1000 led
LEDs are very good for weed. I've grown hps before for years but chasing heat and high costs suck. Today's LEDs are just as powerful.

Doesn't more light mean more growth tho buddy I was thinking about adding another 600 as temps have dropped to 31.1 with 33 humidity 🤔
Not necessarily. My grow room is too hot. The plants can handle it but they like between 70 and 80 degrees F those temps would be optimal. So 21-28 c is better for the plants. I live in the dessert it gets hot here. This is as cool as I get it. In winter it will be cooler. I have sky lights so I cant do the lights at night. Some people run lights at night when its cooler and off in the day time. You need a dark place for that. You may be able to do that in your grow tent. It will help with the heat too because it is much cooler at night than in the daytime.

Just posted pics on previous msg buddy okay thanks I'll take that into account maybe turn 1 600 off and just leave a 600 and 1000 l

LEDs are very good for weed. I've grown hps before for years but chasing heat and high costs suck. Today's LEDs are just as powerful.
Okay bud ill consider maybe buying led for next run as cooler only using hps and what I had lying around at the time if you have seen the pics of set up any advice on it and plants too do they look heat stressed or lack of notes etc current a n b once or twice a week then water then repeat ?

Not necessarily. My grow room is too hot. The plants can handle it but they like between 70 and 80 degrees F those temps would be optimal. So 21-28 c is better for the plants. I live in the dessert it gets hot here. This is as cool as I get it. In winter it will be cooler. I have sky lights so I cant do the lights at night. Some people run lights at night when its cooler and off in the day time. You need a dark place for that. You may be able to do that in your grow tent. It will help with the heat too because it is much cooler at night than in the

Welcome Welshy
I whipped this up if you like to use it as your forum thumbnail avatar
View attachment 362232
Haha I love that man ace cheers bud lol 😆

Before I flipped to Leds I ran 1000s bulbs and without the glass heat tubes it would not have been possible to do and keep heat in a safe grow range. Knock down one light too much wattage for that little area
Okay thanks I'll take that into account I thought was 4 to per 600 why I had 3 2 on 1 off and 1000 watt led on in 5×5×6

Okay bud ill consider maybe buying led for next run as cooler only using hps and what I had lying around at the time if you have seen the pics of set up any advice on it and plants too do they look heat stressed or lack of notes etc current a n b once or twice a week then water then repeat ?
Your plants look fine. A B mixes are fine. Just follow the feed chart. I'd have some calmag on hand. These plants often require more than most nutrient lines provide.

Your plants look fine. A B mixes are fine. Just follow the feed chart. I'd have some calmag on hand. These plants often require more than most nutrients lines provide.
No Feed chart available ATM I will be getting pk and boost in a few weeks too I just know ypu usually use 40 mil per 10 litre isn't it ? Or am I wrong

Being new I'd not mess with PK. The nutrient line your running should do well all the way through. Just gotta have faith in the nutrients to do their job and most will do a good job if the grower doesn't add things.

You'll be pulled this way and that way. You'll be offered advise and knowledge. It all boils down to you. You make the decisions.

Latest posts

Back