help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHaRBeaRiTY

I have no title.
Reaction score
hey im new to growing my own... is it necessary to switch the lights on my plant after a certain time? im growing indoors.

welcome, isee you have some reading to do. if your asking about lt schedule...on18-24hrs for veg, on12 off12 for flower. i drop mine to 18 off and 6 on the last week of flowering. lots of info here if you look for it. good luck...those hours can be any time of day or night you make them. if you mean move them to a different part of the plant, probably no.

veggin a plant you have light on for either 18/6 meaning 18 hours on / 6 hours off , or 24hours on

flowering you have it 12/12 on/off

You will also need to switch your lights when your plants are about 1/3 to 1/2 the final size you had in mind. The plants will usually double or even triple their size when you switch the lights to 12/12. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
You will also need to switch your lights when your plants are about 1/3 to 1/2 the final size you had in mind. The plants will usually double or even triple their size when you switch the lights to 12/12. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

What do you mean by switch the lights? I know about the 18/6 veg and 12/12 flower but I wasn't sure if I needed to change the type of light I used at all during growth.

i dont know what lites ur using but for veg u can use cfl's or metal halide.blue spectrum for veg...for flower, either high pressure sodium or the proper spectrum cfl's. i change lites 1 week into flower schedule. at the time you "flip"(change Lt schedule) your plants will double or triple in size by the time you harvest

CHaRBeaRiTY said:
What do you mean by switch the lights? I know about the 18/6 veg and 12/12 flower but I wasn't sure if I needed to change the type of light I used at all during growth.

blue / veg - 6500K
red / flower - 2500K

its roughly that so instead of askin for blue spectrum or red cuz that just seems obvious to me, look for that sort of thing on the product your buying

you can of course have both but id only do that personaly for veggin then use strictly red for flower:eek:

If you can efford it get HPS light :p

Latest posts

Back