G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So looking at my remaining plants, the heavy defoliation I did on one plant did one thing for sure. It made all of the buds larfy. I know a lot of people defoliate with good results and I may have done it too late but that whole plant is going in the hash/cannabutter pile. I do defoliate but only leaves blocking light from bud sites and usually only a few at a time. My thought is the massive defoliation stressed the plant but it also decreased the area available for photosynthesis.

So that's the nuclear option? I had some guy message me from some Facebook growers group.
The dude was so pumped full of bro science I had to chuckle. He wanted my thoughts on Moon Cycles for his grow tents. Lucky for him I had no thoughts.
I’m no expert. I have only been growing since 2010(if I recall correctly) and I still encounter stuff I need help on but spraying a plant with isopropyl just sounds dumb. I know a diluted mixture of 10% iso(70% iso), water and a drop of dish liquid is good at killing off spider mites but that is a whole different tact than drenching a plant in iso. I have occasionally seen people talk about moon cycles. One person only sows seeds during a full moon. Sounds like folklore to me but whatever floats one’s boat I guess. Yes, the moon does create the tidal effects in large bodies of water but I am unable to square that with tent growing😂. Probably best you didn’t share your thoughts…😂

So looking at my remaining plants, the heavy defoliation I did on one plant did one thing for sure. It made all of the buds larfy. I know a lot of people defoliate with good results and I may have done it too late but that whole plant is going in the hash/cannabutter pile. I do defoliate but only leaves blocking light from bud sites and usually only a few at a time. My thought is the massive defoliation stressed the plant but it also decreased the area available for photosynthesis.
I had a plant I just harvested do that.

In veg she looked great. In flower it stretched on the perimeters of the grow but the center stalled and become so matted with growth I had to remove branches and leaf.

I let it finish and harvested it last night. It's a larf sickle. Got some decent bigger buds but 80% is now in the butter bin. Be lucky to get 3 oz of nice stuff.
I don't think I did anything wrong. I think it was just how the plant was programmed to grow. Some are winners and some not so much.

I had a plant I just harvested do that.

In veg she looked great. In flower it stretched on the perimeters of the grow but the center stalled and become so matted with growth I had to remove branches and leaf.

I let it finish and harvested it last night. It's a larf sickle. Got some decent bigger buds but 80% is now in the butter bin. Be lucky to get 3 oz of nice stuff.
I don't think I did anything wrong. I think it was just how the plant was programmed to grow. Some are winners and some not so much.
My CDSRxNDU is going to be pretty loose in the bud dept. It is really good smoke though so I don’t care. I don’t sell so weight isn’t something I worry about. The Heri-Berry plants are all clones and all 4 of the mothers had really dense buds. All the other clones are going to be dense too so that is why I suspect the late/excessive defoliation is the reason for the larf. I am also now a big fan of my 5 gallon felt pots. The plants are probably twice the size of the 3 gallon potted plants. Could be different soil too or I think I uppotted the 3 gallon plants a little later. Meh, my scientific method is pretty unscientific…😂

@oldfogey8 your beans are getting soaked both FS and HB I gotta have some. Those are some awesome reviews I keep reading on those strains. Can only do a few of each until I get the bean coming in the mail. Both Seedsman and SSV are sending me beans to grow out and post a log on X. Once I know how many.

Latest posts

Back