G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So looking at my remaining plants, the heavy defoliation I did on one plant did one thing for sure. It made all of the buds larfy. I know a lot of people defoliate with good results and I may have done it too late but that whole plant is going in the hash/cannabutter pile. I do defoliate but only leaves blocking light from bud sites and usually only a few at a time. My thought is the massive defoliation stressed the plant but it also decreased the area available for photosynthesis.

So that's the nuclear option? I had some guy message me from some Facebook growers group.
The dude was so pumped full of bro science I had to chuckle. He wanted my thoughts on Moon Cycles for his grow tents. Lucky for him I had no thoughts.
I’m no expert. I have only been growing since 2010(if I recall correctly) and I still encounter stuff I need help on but spraying a plant with isopropyl just sounds dumb. I know a diluted mixture of 10% iso(70% iso), water and a drop of dish liquid is good at killing off spider mites but that is a whole different tact than drenching a plant in iso. I have occasionally seen people talk about moon cycles. One person only sows seeds during a full moon. Sounds like folklore to me but whatever floats one’s boat I guess. Yes, the moon does create the tidal effects in large bodies of water but I am unable to square that with tent growing😂. Probably best you didn’t share your thoughts…😂

So looking at my remaining plants, the heavy defoliation I did on one plant did one thing for sure. It made all of the buds larfy. I know a lot of people defoliate with good results and I may have done it too late but that whole plant is going in the hash/cannabutter pile. I do defoliate but only leaves blocking light from bud sites and usually only a few at a time. My thought is the massive defoliation stressed the plant but it also decreased the area available for photosynthesis.
I had a plant I just harvested do that.

In veg she looked great. In flower it stretched on the perimeters of the grow but the center stalled and become so matted with growth I had to remove branches and leaf.

I let it finish and harvested it last night. It's a larf sickle. Got some decent bigger buds but 80% is now in the butter bin. Be lucky to get 3 oz of nice stuff.
I don't think I did anything wrong. I think it was just how the plant was programmed to grow. Some are winners and some not so much.

Latest posts

Back